Shift Engineer (Mechanical)
- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin's mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
Maintenance and Calibration
- Performs troubleshooting and implements corrective action to immediately address emergency downtime, production delays and/or quality issues during the shift.
- Implements maintenance works ensuring that the methods and materials applied are in accordance with the sound engineering and applicable standards.
- Provides inputs and recommends action plans for the repairs and maintenance works.
- Investigates root cause/s, implements and/or recommends cost-effective corrective action plans.
- Performs calibration of all plant control and measuring equipment as maybe required ensuring that devices remain reliable and that these conform to applicable standards.
- Monitors operational performance efficiencies and performs analysis of problems encountered.
- Performs vibration monitoring and/or thermal imaging as provided for in the preventive maintenance program.
- Analyzes results, implements and/or recommends corrective/preventive action plan on the abnormalities and potential problems identified and communicates Supervisors and/or Manager for evaluation and approval of implementation.
Spare Parts Monitoring
- Identifies and recommends action plans for the procurement of materials needed for the effective and on-time implementation of maintenance work.
- Coordinates with the Reliability Engineer, Supervisors and Manager to ensure availability of materials.
- Designs and performs cost estimates of improvement projects and submits to Supervisors and/or Manager for evaluation.
- Implements improvement projects ensuring that these are in accordance with project specifications and applicable standards.
- Performs mechanical installations ensuring safety and efficiency and that specifications are met.
Raw Materials Unloading Operations
- Performs Raw Material unloading operations and assists unloading Foreman ensuring maximum feed rate of discharging machines/ equipment used and that unloading time does not exceed existing standards.
- Troubleshoots unloading equipment ensuring that these run properly during Raw Material unloading operations.
- Facilitates sampling and performs analysis of lubricants to ensure appropriate application as the need arises. Identifies and recommends lubricants suitable to application requirements.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the parts catalogs, owner's manuals, and operational instruction manuals for the assigned process.
- Assures the accuracy and completeness of all drawings, files, engineering records, reports, prints, and tasks of assigned projects.
- Actively participates in company programs and provides support at all times.
- Establishes, maintains, recommends and implements a good housekeeping program for all areas of responsibility to ensure compliance to food safety standards set by GMP, HACCP & Halal.
- Attends to night calls and other maintenance emergencies as the need arises.
- Performs related work as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
- Actively participate in all company programs and activities under quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, risk management etc.
- Performs other tasks related to the job as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
- Complies with quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations of the company.
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities.
- Graduate of BS Mechanical Engineering
At least one (1) year
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
CRITICAL SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Handling basic mechanical hand tools and equipments.
- Basic Lathe turning operation.
- Basic Mechanical Engineering workshop and measuring tool.
- Basic Knowledge on Boiler Maintenance and Operation.
- Knowledge of and familiarity of the different manufacturing processes and functionality of machine equipment and its components.
- Knowledge on basic/ electro-pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Capability to interpret symbols/ plans and ability to analyze and troubleshoot mechanical faults.
- Computer literacy in data processing and company-required software.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or in the vernacular both written and oral.