- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation is the integrated agribusiness and food company of Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV). Composed of four divisions: Flour, Feeds & Animal Health, Farms, and Trading, we are well positioned at the beginning of the value chain. True to our brand promise of being Partners for Growth, we nurture our business and communities by providing business solutions and building partnerships for growth.
We operate in the Philippines nationwide and have a growing international presence in the following ASEAN countries: Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Hong Kong.
Investing in talent and upholding Aboitiz values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Responsibility are key drivers to sustaining the growth of our business.
Here at Pilmico, we value each talent for the unique contribution they bring to the organization. We recognize that today’s global workforce is made up of diverse individuals with different skills, abilities and aspirations that enable them to achieve superior results; as such, we select our partners based on these attributes that are not typically found in someone’s resume.
We are advocates of self-development and believe that people’s success lies in their passion to learn something new and different every day. This is why our hiring philosophy is to open up and give equal opportunity to any talent regardless of where they are today in pursuit of education.
The Freight Specialist is responsible for liaising with Pilmico Finance team and Supply Chain Team for all logistics costs. He/she will also have to monitor and do analysis on all costs of the Supply Logistics team to give the AVP of Logistics a clearer picture of trends and reasons for the occurrence of those costs. The Position will take on a cost analysis role in all large logistics projects. The position will also assist the managers and AVP in bi-annual budgeting initiatives.
Liaise with Pilmico Finance Team
- Coordinates with concerned group/s on issues and concerns encountered during payment processing;
- Verifies all expenses for accrual, reversals, etc. to make sure these are properly recorded (reflected in the right accounts) and accounted for;
Monitor and analyze all logistics costs
- Works with the managers to make sure that POEs are walked through properly and have comments from the relevant stakeholders.
- Monitors monthly POE and transport costs and give feedback to AVP on dips, surges, and trends;
- Ensures proper charging of accounts and cost centers for all transactions;
- Keeps up to date on plans and projects that the team is working on;
- Makes sure costs are managed properly on all large logistics projects;
- Perform random audits on projects and initiatives;
- Monitors financial goals of team;
- Prepares monthly actual vs budget variance report.
- Analyzes the monthly actual vs budget variance report and indicate the nature of the actual transaction causing the variance.
- Coordinates with concerned group expenses for adjustment or reclass.
- Ensures timely send out of the monthly actual vs budget variance report to budget owners and financial analyst.
- Initiates discussion with budget owners to understand the details of the variance.
- Helps in yearly budgeting and mid-year budgeting process;
- Teaches the logistics leaders about budgeting and other good financial practices;
- Participates in all Company initiatives and programs as well as provide support whenever necessary.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, good housekeeping and quality management system based on the standards of 5S, GMP, HACCP, Halal and ISO.
- Participates in projects & improvements initiated by the Pilmico Logistics Team.
- Performs other work-related tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Any degree that is strong on finance and numbers (statistics, accounting, etc)
At least 3 years work experience in any Finance related function.
CRITICAL SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proficient in computerized systems and application.
- Ability to work collaboratively with external parties.
- Detailed oriented and strong follow-up skills.
- Customer focus
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- With strong sense of urgency