Boiler Plant Operator
- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation is the integrated agribusiness and food company of Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV). Composed of four divisions: Flour, Feeds & Animal Health, Farms, and Trading, we are well positioned at the beginning of the value chain. True to our brand promise of being Partners for Growth, we nurture our business and communities by providing business solutions and building partnerships for growth.
We operate in the Philippines nationwide and have a growing international presence in the following ASEAN countries: Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Hong Kong.
Investing in talent and upholding Aboitiz values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Responsibility are key drivers to sustaining the growth of our business.
Here at Pilmico, we value each talent for the unique contribution they bring to the organization. We recognize that today’s global workforce is made up of diverse individuals with different skills, abilities and aspirations that enable them to achieve superior results; as such, we select our partners based on these attributes that are not typically found in someone’s resume.
We are advocates of self-development and believe that people’s success lies in their passion to learn something new and different every day. This is why our hiring philosophy is to open up and give equal opportunity to any talent regardless of where they are today in pursuit of education.
Facility Operation and Maintenance
- Efficiently operates computerized Boiler and Water treatment systems in accordance with the specifications, instructions and specified sequence.
- Promptly provided feedback to Production Supervisor, Maintenance planner, and/or Supervisors regarding any abnormalities and alarming equipment condition.
- Regularly measure and monitor raw biomass feedstock, including wood, waste, or refuse materials.
- Monitors reservoir water level ensuring continuous raw water supply to water treatment facilities.
- Regularly monitors functionality of water treatment plant raw water facilities, pretreatment and reverse osmosis systems ensuring water parameters are within the required standard.
- Consistently record and report operational data such as readings on meters, instruments, and gauges including water treatment plant output water parameters.
- Effectively read and interpret instruction manuals or technical drawings related to biomass boiler production equipment or processes.
- Regularly inspect biomass boiler plant or processing equipment, record and report damages and any facility problems.
- Effectively operate the back up diesel fuel boilers in case the biomass boiler can not supply sufficient steam to feedmill production.
- Regularly monitors and optimizes steam production.
- Constantly identifies and recommends to Production Supervisor, Mechanical Supervisor strategies and measures to promote optimum energy production and energy conservation. Implements, monitors and evaluates effectiveness of approved policies and measures.
- Regularly prepares and submit relevant report as advised by the team leader
- Effectively coordinates with the buyer on the supply management of the biomass feedstock, bunker and other supply to assure continuous and cost efficient operation.
- Regularly monitors and record the quality of smoke emission from the smore stack by using ringelman chart.
- Closely coordinates with Pollution Control Officer and Mechanical Supervisor regarding the regular stack emission testing of the facility in accordance with the standard as set by DENR and or other applicable standards.
- Promptly reports to immediate Team Leader any abnormalities on the emission of the smoke stack.
- Closely coordinates with Production and Maintenance Supervisors and formulate risk management systems for the Biomass boiler facility.
- Consistently ensure that all risk mitigating actions are implemented according to plan and regularly submit risk monitoring reports to the Production and Mechanical Supervisor.
- Continuously identify operational and occupational risk and recommend mitigating actions to the Production and Mechanical Supervisor.
- Continuously explore system and facility improvement and recommend for implementation.
- Attends emergency/special calls relative to electrical problems during night shift, should the need arise.
- Implements the good housekeeping program 5S and other company programs in all areas Supervised.
- Ensures compliance governmental regulations and deviation to such should be brought to the attention of the Feedmill Manager.
- Performs work as may be assigned by the immediate Superior.
BS degree in Mechanical, Electronics and Communication or Electrical Engineering
At least 1 year experience in boiler operation
Knowledge of and familiarity with plant electrical and mechanical systems and design.
Thorough knowledge of the proper operation and maintenance of high pressure steam generation plant equipment.
Capability to interpret symbols/plans and ability to analyze and troubleshoot electrical and control system faults.
Computer literacy in data processing and company required software.
Ability to communicate clearly in English or in the vernacular both written and oral.
CRITICAL SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Organizing, Controlling
2. Communication Skills
3. Problem Solving skills
4. Keen to details
5. Quality oriented