Vice President, Business Operations
- Kota Harapan Indah, Setia Asih, Kec. Tarumajaya, Bekasi, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
PT. Gold Coin Indonesia
Established in Singapore in 1953, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically balanced animal feed within Asia. Gold Coin today is one of the largest agribusinesses in the Region with 2900 employees across 9 countries. With a milling capacity of approximately 2.6 million tonnes per year, Gold Coin offers a wide range of products for both the Livestock and the Aqua industries, including young animals and hatchery feed, premixes, concentrates and compound feed. In May 2019, Pilmico acquired 100 percent (100%) of the total and outstanding shares in Gold Coin Management Holdings (“Gold Coin”). Pilmico is the integrated agribusiness and food company of Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV). Comprised of four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading, Pilmico has been well positioned at the beginning of the value chain. Gold coins have always symbolized good fortune, lasting value and superior quality. The gold coin analogy has been a guiding force for our Company over the years as we have perfected our recipes and built a strong brand name and reputation as the market leader of premium quality feed.
The VP, Business Operations is overall responsible for the strategic direction of Food Group Livestock and Aqua business in Indonesia which includes growing the business through the chosen strategies.
The incumbent has the responsibility for Livestock and Aqua business sales budget and financial targets by deploying all agreed strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve the objectives.
- VP, Business Operations will take a leading role in developing, overseeing implementation, reviewing and monitoring of the livestock and Aqua business strategy and ensuring is in line with Food Group strategic directions and overall thematic focus.
- Responsible for developing new strategic initiatives, new partnerships and maintaining existing partnerships and actively lead key initiatives in driving Food Group business growth in Indonesia.
- Is responsible for the overall revenue growth of Food Group Indonesia feed business with P&L Responsibility, budget creation and control.
- Review the business strategy and action plans, identifying new revenue streams.
- Leadership to the entire Indonesia livestock business and Aqua Mill Management Team in particular providing strategic direction and tactical support.
- Developing talent for succession planning through all levels of the Food Group organization.
- Review strategic action plan (Short or Long term) which includes volume growth and cost control.
- Building major client relationships to sustain organic growth.
- Contributing to the direction and success of the Country result as an integral member of the Food Group Indonesia Leadership Team.
- Promoting synergies and co-operation across the country, Livestock and Aqua business.
- Increase the company’s circle of influence and business development opportunities by developing networks with senior customer executives, key decision makers in the feed industry and potential business partners.
- Lead and direct key contract negotiations and closing of business deals, pricing strategies and quoting activities in line with profit and growth goals and customer needs.
- Direct the activities of the FG Indonesia commercial team in their management of existing business and in their pursuit of new business opportunities with an emphasis on Food Group core business and any other animal health consultancy fields that the company may involve into.
- Develop strategies for lobbying and influencing key strategic bodies that will drive legislation and generate increased demand for the Food Group businesses.
- Champion excellent Customer Service through effective Project Management skills; policies and practices aimed at exceeding customer expectation and driving improvements.
- Oversee the co-ordination all market intelligence and marketing analysis of industry trends, competitors and emerging technologies and use this data to refine strategies in Indonesia.
- Ensure subordinates are adhered to policies, procedures and standards as established by the Food Group management.
- Review subordinate work performance, provide action-oriented feedback (Walk the Talk) and mentoring to improve performance and correct deficiencies.
- Check and verify all inventories and promote efficient management of organizational assets and human capital management by working closely with Food Group HR and Engineering team.
- Work with AVP, Nutritionist & Research and Veterinary Health Care Services Manager to improve customer satisfaction index.
- Establish and enhance working relationships with selected key industrial personnel, associations and universities to add value to services for customers.
- Maintain an awareness of product developments in the industry, collect technical and other information about competitors’ product to ensure that the company maintains its competitive edge.
- Keep abreast of the market situation of raw materials and work closely with the purchasing team to make sure the purchase for all the ingredients for the feed is at the right time and right price.
- Required: Degree in Business Management or related field
- Desirable: MBA
- At least 15 years total working experience in feed milling business, 7 years of relevant experience holding operations or sales management role.
- Background from the feed mill industry and familiar with local and foreign customers is a must.
- Proven track record of achieving success through others.
- Experience of successfully leading a business unit with P& L responsibility.
- Proven track record in all aspects of financial, commercial and operations management focusing in operational efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Able to gain respect from and motivate Mill Management team across different functions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with people at all levels of the business.
- Experience in strategy development, change management and generate/build client relationships.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Financial : Sales Revenue Budget (new and organic growth)
- Financial : DSO
- Financial : Profitable Growth (Profit Before Tax)
- Safety Performance
- Human Capital Performance : Productivity and Operation efficiency improvement
- Succession Planning and Talent Pipeline
- Achieving business objectives whilst balancing the needs and expectations of three major stakeholders (employees, customers and shareholders).
- Timely reporting, compliance and controls
- Respond quickly to constantly changing environment.
- Driving several initiatives at the same time of various organizational levels, encouraging and supporting his/her own team in going beyond the day-to-day requirement of the job.
- Required : English
- Desirable: Other Asian languages, Bahasa Indonesia.
- Willing and able to travel between 30%-40%
- Highly motivated and driven personality, leads from front, can work independently