Instrumentation and Control Engineer
- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin's mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
Maintenance of Instrumentation and Process Control Systems
- Handles the maintenance of plant automation and electronic systems and various process controllers, analyzing faults and system malfunction and ensures that these are addressed accordingly
- Implements and handles the calibration of all plant electronic measuring instruments, weighers, data acquisition equipment and data loggers ensuring that these conform with ISO standards.
- Monitors system configuration, PLC and process controllers ensuring that configuration and programming are accurate.
- Debugs and configures SCADA software applications and ensures that problems detected do not recur.
- Prepares Purchase Requisition of critical electronic parts ensuring that the necessary parts are available according to preventive maintenance schedule and repair forecast.
- Performs troubleshooting of plant automation systems and process controllers in the absence of the Instrumentation and Process Control Technician and ensures that problems detected do not recur.
- Attends to emergency calls when needed.
Coordinates and works with the Information Services Department in the management of the Local Area Network and Telephones System ensuring that communication between the plant and corporate office is always online.
- Establishes, maintains, recommends and implements a good housekeeping program for all areas to ensure compliance to food safety standards set by GMP, HACCP & Halal.
- Performs other related works as maybe assigned by the immediate superior.
- Ensures execution of quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations within the team.
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities.
- Actively participate in all company programs and activities under quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, risk management etc.
- Performs other tasks related to the job as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
Graduate of BS ECE
At least 2 years in related work
- Must be a licensed Electronics and Communications Engineer.
CRITICAL SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Must have at least two (2) years experience in handling industrial instrumentation and process controllers.
- Knowledge of industrial automation system; can handle systems modification and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and experience in programming and troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of various types of electronic equipment, instrumentation devices, radio communication equipment, computer hardware, and Local Area Network system maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining accuracy of weighing equipment.
- Technical background on Electro-pneumatic system, database system and administration, telephone system/PABX, etc.
- Computer literacy in data processing and company required software