Procurement Associate (fixed-term)
- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao Del Norte, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin's mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
The Buyer is responsible for the timely and cost-effective procurement of local and imported materials, supplies, or services for the plant operations. He/she is also responsible in looking for reliable vendors with good after sales service to assure economical costs to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order Processing
- Determines the materials, supplies, or services needed for operation through daily review of approved Purchase Requisitions
- Coordinates with the internal customers for the specifications of the materials, supplies, or services particularly those that are highly technical and complex
- Prepares and processes all approved purchase requisitions of materials, supplies, or services by conducting bidding procedures or canvassing with different suppliers
- Negotiates for the best possible price on all purchases. Continuously updates price monitoring for macro raw materials
- Prepares purchase orders based on approved canvas price and ensures the accuracy of all entries in a timely manner
- Reviews and provides guidance in the preparation of contracts, agreements, and amendments
- Keeps internal customers informed on updates of schedule changes and/or status of their purchase requisitions
Purchase Order Delivery
- Coordinates the processing of purchased materials, supplies, or services (e.g. ordering, delivery, checking, receiving and conducting follow-up), ensuring that materials and supplies received or and services rendered are as ordered - right price with right quality and quantity delivered at right place within the time specified by the requisitioner.
- For raw materials, provides weekly schedule of deliveries to assigned suppliers.
- For imported purchases, coordinates timely pick up and withdrawal of materials and supplies through coordination with supplier and Importation Team to avoid plant shut down.
- Identifies corrective action remedies for defective or unacceptable materials, supplies, or services and coordinates with supplier regarding rejects, returns or repairs.
- Ensures timely payment to suppliers by mediating in billing reconciliations between supplier and Accounting for settlement of invoice discrepancies for actual materials, supplies, or services ordered and delivered.
- Secures renewal and completion of supplier Accreditation requirements on a yearly basis for items being handled.
- Assesses the accredited suppliers’ competence under annual Vendor Performance Evaluation Rating wherein compliance with purchase order agreements is being monitored and reviewed.
- Updates and maintains filing database for Accreditation and Vendor Performance Evaluation Rating and provides feedback to suppliers.
- Manages existing supplier relationships to ensure continuity of delivery of materials, supplies, or services that meets performance standards of the company while seeking new ones.
- Manages the PO filing and attends required employee meetings.
- Ensures compliance of food safety based on the standard requirement of 5S, HACCP/GMP & ISO.
- Performs related work and other items that maybe requested from time to time.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably of a business-related course
3 – 5 years experience in procurement, preferably in feed mill operations
- Working knowledge in procurement procedures, logistics, and inventory management.
- Knowledge in feed mill operations.
- Buying and negotiation skills
- Planning, analysis and good judgment skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- High sense of urgency.
- Integrity and common sense.