- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin's mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
Installation and Maintenance of Electrical Systems and Equipment:
- Plans, schedules and supervises the repair and maintenance works of plant electrical systems and equipment ensuring that repair procedures follow equipment specifications and applicable standards, and that they are finished on time and without compromising safety, workmanship quality and productivity. Submits list and discusses priority works with the CMD Manager and/or concerned department heads or process owners for appropriate action.
- Regularly reviews the plant shutdown reports and performs root cause analyses of down times caused by electrical system or equipment failures. Ensures that causes of equipment and/or system failures are identified, validated and given priority in the next maintenance works scheduling and that plant down time does not exceed set standards.
- Regularly performs reviews, recommends and implements a cost-effective maintenance program to ensure effective maintenance of critical and non-critical equipment, based on the root causes identified from previous problems encountered, condition monitoring and time-based tasks ensuring that identified problems do not recur.
- Establishes and implements a maintenance monitoring plan for critical and non-critical equipment. Checks and analyzes the data of the operating conditions of equipment/machine regularly and recommends to Feedmill Maintenance Manager necessary measures to ensure safe and cost-efficient operations.
- Assigns and monitors progress of issued work orders or job orders to team members (TMs) and contractors ensuring that TMs and contractors conform to required lead- time, maintenance specifications and standards on quality of workmanship.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient materials/spare parts requisition system. Monitors the requisitions ensuring that the spare parts requested and received will meet the required specifications and that the inventory is kept lean while supply of material is available when needed.
- Energy and Supplies Management:
- Monitors plant energy consumption, demand, power factor and other relevant parameters to serve as input to Department Heads and Accounting for operation efficiency and financial analyses.
- Identifies and recommends to Feedmill Maintenance Manager policies and measure to promote energy conservation. Implements, monitors and evaluates effectiveness of approved policies and measures.
- Regularly prepares the Energy Consumption Report, Electrical Downtime Report, Maintenance Personnel Man-hours Report and the Plant Performance Measures Report to Feedmill Maintenance Manager to ensure that management is constantly updated of plant performance. Provides root cause analysis and corrective/preventive measures of figures missing the targets.
Continuous Improvement Projects:
- Conducts feasibility studies on the possible alteration or system improvements to optimize plant safety and efficiency. Submits recommendations to Feedmill Maintenance Manager and/or concerned process owner for evaluation and approval.
- Performs designs and cost estimates of electrical components of improvement projects ensuring that these are in accordance with project specifications and applicable standards and submits to Feedmill Maintenance Manager and/or process owner for evaluation and approval.
- Interprets received electrical plans, drawings and diagrams for projects ensuring that these are properly explained and understood by subordinates during implementation.
- Evaluates bid proposals for the supply of labor and/or materials of projects and maintenance works ensuring that they satisfy the required specifications and applicable standards. Submits recommendations to Feedmill Maintenance Manager for final approval.
- Supervises the installation of plant electrical systems and/or equipment ensuring safety and efficiency and that the specifications are met.
Other Tasks :
- May operates and tends the power generators during scheduled and unscheduled power interruptions ensuring that power is provided to critical processes and/or departments.
- Attends to emergency/special calls relative to electrical problems during night shift.
- Establishes, maintains, recommends and implements a good housekeeping program for all areas supervised to ensure compliance to food safety standards set by GMP, HACCP & Halal.
- Recommends and implements company policies, procedures and guidelines to enhance safety and accident prevention of manpower and electrical equipment at all times.
- Conducts performance appraisal as scheduled and required. Identifies and recommends to Feedmill Maintenance Manager developmental training needs of subordinates.
- Performs related work as maybe assigned by the immediate superior.
- Ensures execution of quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations within the team.
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities.
- Actively participate in all company programs and activities under quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, risk management etc.
- Performs other tasks related to the job as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
Graduate of BS Electrical Engineer
At least five (5) years experience in related work.
Licensed Electrical Engineer
- Management skills
- Knowledge of and familiarity with plant electrical system and design.
- Capability to interpret symbols/plans and ability to analyze and troubleshoot electrical and control system faults.
- Technical knowledge on Pneumatics/Electro-pneumatic control system.
- Computer literacy in data processing and company-required software.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English or in the vernacular both written and oral.