National Sales Manager - Pet Food
- 32nd St, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
PILMICO ANIMAL NUTRITION CORPORATION, is a subsidiary of Pilmico Foods Corporation wholly owned by Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. We provide customers with high quality feeds for aqua, hogs, poultry as well as customized solutions for large farm accounts.
Since we started in 1998, we have grown and diversified to include swine and layer operations in Tarlac.
Our swine and layer farms employ advanced production systems, with automated feeding and drinking systems. Climate control is achieved in the barns through tunnel ventilation and evaporative cooling system. Our swine genetic program and pullet source selection on the other hand, ensures that we only produce quality market hogs and layers. Strict biosecurity measures are also in place to protect the animals from bacterial and viral disease exposure.
As a total solutions provider, we aim to become a one-stop shop that offers quality feeds, technical support, and a growing range of fresh & quality meats & eggs products. We do this through our four-pillar Diamond Program which consists of: 1) good breeding & genetics, 2) complete healthcare 3) sound management and 4) excellent nutrition & feeding.
Under the supervision of the General Manager or the Country Director and dotted to the VP Petfood
Business, the incumbent shall have strong leadership to lead the sales team to achieve sales target set.
He/she must possess good analytical skill on data collection and market situation. He/she must be able to
build good rapport with the customers and provide guidance to the team for after sales service
professionally. Managing collection according to Credit Control Policy. She/He shall be able to build
budgets, present them and support them.
1. Prepare annual budget, make it accepted and achieve sales target set by the Company as well as
enlarge customer base.
2. Build and organize the distribution network and maintain regular contacts with customers
(petshops / vet clinics / supermarkets / online platforms) to ensure that there is continuous
feedback about the quality of our petfood and the according services related to the supply.
3. Contact and pact with KOL (Key Opinion Leaders) Veterinarian, trainers, handlers, breeders,
associations, universities, social media influencers…
4. Oversee area/territory sales activities and provide guidance to Sales Executives, Area Supervisors
or Area Sales Managers for execution/implementation of policies or instructions.
5. Co-design and lead sales campaigns offline and online once discussed and approved with the
marketing. Propose quick wins and feasible solutions.
6. Propose and participate to pet shows and different activities aiming to promote the brands.
7. Organize and lead regular Sales Meeting and make internal presentations with the team to update
on market situation, sales performance, collection, competitors’ activities and all other key issues.
8. Manage receivables and obtain copies of Debtors Aging List from Finance Department on half
monthly basis then go through customer-by-customer to ensure customers settle their account
according to their credit term. Expedite the payment before it turns bad.
9. Prepare monthly sales report and sales forecast, update area customer database for the
management and the other departments.
10. Organize collection of competitors’ information on a regular base including activities and strategies
in promotion, pricing, products and distributions network.
11. Distribute work assignments based on workloads, work priorities and subordinates’ competencies.
And review subordinates’ work and provide action-oriented feedback and mentoring to improve
performance and correct deficiencies.
12. Ensure the products are available in the market. Coordinate with the other departments for smooth
13. Identify and conduct training to develop subordinates technical/sales and professional skills.
14. Organize the report of any problems with petfood quality and/or performance to relevant
department and make sure that these are resolved. Respond rapidly and resolve any customer
complaints and/or technical enquiries to their satisfaction.
15. Together with the Group Technical & Sales Manager, provide related technical training and presentations to external customers, prospects.
16. Propose to the Group new ideas of products and services you find relevant for future development
of the petfood.
17. Any other duties as instructed by the Management.
Required : University Bachelor degree in Sales, Marketing or Animal Science
Desirable : Master degree in Animal Nutrition, Animal Science or Veterinary
- At least 5 to 8 years’ experience in the petfood Industry or in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer
- Goods) including 5 years of management
- Sales and result oriented with ability to manage budgets
- Pet lover, team player
- High work capacity
- Fluent in English and eventually a third language
REPORTS TO: COO Feeds
SUPERVISES: sales team + later marketing person