Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Taguig, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation is the integrated agribusiness and food company of Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV). Composed of four divisions: Flour, Feeds & Animal Health, Farms, and Trading, we are well positioned at the beginning of the value chain. True to our brand promise of being Partners for Growth, we nurture our business and communities by providing business solutions and building partnerships for growth.
We operate in the Philippines nationwide and have a growing international presence in the following ASEAN countries: Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Hong Kong.
Investing in talent and upholding Aboitiz values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Responsibility are key drivers to sustaining the growth of our business.
Here at Pilmico, we value each talent for the unique contribution they bring to the organization. We recognize that today’s global workforce is made up of diverse individuals with different skills, abilities and aspirations that enable them to achieve superior results; as such, we select our partners based on these attributes that are not typically found in someone’s resume.
We are advocates of self-development and believe that people’s success lies in their passion to learn something new and different every day. This is why our hiring philosophy is to open up and give equal opportunity to any talent regardless of where they are today in pursuit of education.
A new opportunity awaits you in Pilmico, the food subsidiary of the Aboitiz Group!
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to work alongside our innovative leaders for an international conglomerate.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for business process development and improvement through the use of lean, lean six sigma, and other continuous improvement tools and concepts. He/She leads, drives, and executes continuous improvement projects in the plant, as well as coaching and conducting continuous improvement related training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with process owners to establish project objectives, scope, schedule, and budget
- Present to management and ensure that goals, timelines, resources, and other information are well relayed and communicated
- Ensure that project objective, scope, timeline, and budget are attained
- Timely update to stakeholders for project status reports; completion of tasks, assessed risk, encountered issues and proposed workarounds
Business Process Development
- Develop end-to-end business processes for new businesses
- Understand the business, gather data, and elicit requirements from stakeholders
- Analyze, recommend, design, and document processes applying Lean concepts
- Determine process risks, actions to mitigate risks, and key performance indicators in every process
- Align and integrate the Food Safety, Workplace Safety, Health and Environment and compliance with regulatory requirements in every process
- Recommend and seek proper management approval on proposed processes, reports, forms, systems, and metrics
- Conduct or participate in cascading of new processes to other relevant areas within the company
- Collaborate with process owners for process implementation, monitoring, and control
- Assist process owners in performing the new processes ensuring that any problems encountered with the new process are immediately addressed
- Identify potential Lean, Lean Six Sigma, and other continuous improvement related projects aligned with business objectives
- Lead the execution of identified and management approved Continuous Improvement Projects with a focus on reducing wastes, improving accuracy, maximizing productivity and efficiency, layout, and capacity studies
- Initiate project toll-gating review with the project team, project sponsor, and stakeholders
- Coach and mentor Lean, Lean Six Sigma, and other CI projects
- Conduct training on Lean, Lean Six Sigma, and other CI projects
- Comply with quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations of the company
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities
- Actively participate in all company programs and activities under quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, risk management etc.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by the immediate superior
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering
- 1-2 years related work experience in a manufacturing set-up
- Lean Six Sigma Certification, at least Green belt Certified
- Conduct of Training Capability
- Working Knowledge and understanding on Integrated Management Systems (Food Safety, Quality, Safety, Health, Environment Management, and Halal Assurance Systems)
- Process Oriented, Process Thinker
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English both written and spoken
- Ability to establish interpersonal relationships
- Proactive and able to act on own initiative
- Ability to handle, motivate and influence people
- Critical Progressive thinking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Attention to details