AVP Feeds Sales
- 32nd St, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Employees can work remotely
Pilmico Foods Corporation is the integrated agribusiness and food company of Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV). Composed of four divisions: Flour, Feeds & Animal Health, Farms, and Trading, we are well positioned at the beginning of the value chain. True to our brand promise of being Partners for Growth, we nurture our business and communities by providing business solutions and building partnerships for growth.
We operate in the Philippines nationwide and have a growing international presence in the following ASEAN countries: Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Hong Kong.
Investing in talent and upholding Aboitiz values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Responsibility are key drivers to sustaining the growth of our business.
Here at Pilmico, we value each talent for the unique contribution they bring to the organization. We recognize that today’s global workforce is made up of diverse individuals with different skills, abilities and aspirations that enable them to achieve superior results; as such, we select our partners based on these attributes that are not typically found in someone’s resume.
We are advocates of self-development and believe that people’s success lies in their passion to learn something new and different every day. This is why our hiring philosophy is to open up and give equal opportunity to any talent regardless of where they are today in pursuit of education.
The AVP Sales is responsible for the company’s growth and profitability through increase in product sales volume, product development, implementation of programs for the areas covered, development of customer channels, strengthening of the corporate and product brands and the provision of right support services to build customer loyalty and improve retention.
The position handles the overall management and provides direction to the following units of the company:
· Food Group Philippines, Sales including RSMs and TBMs.
· Handles category managers, veterinary sales and technical GF RSMs
PART C : JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Management & Operations
· Plans, directs, and monitors the sales team operation within a specified geography, product line, market segment to achieve established volume growth and revenue targets
· Evaluates, recommends and manages overall Philippine steam organizational requirement to include manning requirement, implementation of company-wide processes, systems, as well as policies, procedures, accepted company-wide practices
· Directly accountable for Philippines sales plans, activities, and campaigns in order to implement the organization’s overall sales strategy for an assigned geography, product line, market segment, or list of customer accounts
· Plans Philippine sales forecasts and budgets; monitors sales volume, revenues, and costs against forecasts to identify problem areas; and adapts procedures or re-allocates resources to improve the overall performance of sales team
· Supports the organization’s working capital goals through efficient AR management
Sales Strategy & Its Implementation
· Contributes and recommends overall sales strategy for an assigned geography, product line, market segment, or list of customer accounts
Distribution & Logistics
· Contributes to the development of logistics and distribution strategies for area of responsibility
Products, Brand, Marketing
· Recommends marketing strategies & programs for assigned products/services to meet established volume growth, market share and revenue targets
· Recommends, supports and implements a range of brand and marketing-related activities to effectively market assigned products/services, such as conducting market research; overseeing product development and design; launching new products; overseeing advertising campaigns; and monitoring sales performance
· Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activity to identify market opportunities for the product/service
· Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates product performance and customer feedback to generate new product ideas, identify product/service features that need to be changed to meet customer needs, and liaise with other areas of the organization (for example production, research and development) to implement these changes
· Collaborates with Marketing Team to design sales campaigns and sales collateral for the product/service that are effective and appropriate for the target audience.
· Strategize and implements improving standards of pricing management for greater profit and growth in Philippines. Provides quality information to assist COO in making good decisions and act as a catalyst in providing positive and constructive contributions in response to changing business environment
Technical Collaboration with Sales Philippines, NITR, plant operations and roles Related to the Sales Organization
· Conceptualizes the sales strategies of Philippines taking into consideration the resources needed to deliver the plan. This is done annually and reviewed monthly and per quarter. The annual plan is endorsed to the COO
· Responsible for creating the sales manpower complement needed to deliver the plan. This includes identifying the training requirements of the team to increase competence in order to perform its functions efficiently and effectively.
· Conducts review with RSMs, Category Managers and AVP Sales on a periodic basis (usually done monthly) to discuss plans and programs. This includes regular reviews of accomplishments of identified KRAs (key result areas) and KPIs
· Responsible for the annual business plan of the Philippines sales organization with particular focus on territory coverage and development required for the area and the resources needed such as manpower and operational expenses required to implement plans. Such plans are reviewed and approved by the COO and presented to the board.
· Reviews the sales organization with regards to the accomplishment of these plans
· Responsible for the effective disbursement and proper execution of the sales budget for Philippines.
· Presents and reviews the annual business plan of the Philippines sales organization to the COO and the Excom for final deliberation and approval. This is focused primarily on budgeted sales volume and budgeted selling expense.
· Prepares and presents the market and industry scenario as well as plans and directions to the Excom during annual business planning activities
· Reviews and analyzes all pricing programs for Philippines with particular focus on growth, effective market penetration and optimized profits and IOICF. Endorses pricing programs and strategies for approval of the COO
· Approves and monitors disbursement of approved tactical pricing and discount programs
· Conducts regular customer visits to build relationships and to provide a better and constant ground feel of the market
· Supports selling efforts of the sales team through prospect visits in order to convince prospective customers to invest their businesses with the company. Particular focus is given to large prospects or groups of prospects where strategic selling is required and maybe a higher level of decision is needed
· Supports selling efforts by providing regular advise to RSMs and AVPs with regards to the implementation of their plans such as the opening of new accounts or even possible changes in their regional and territorial strategies as well as solutions to their operational issues and concerns. This is done on the context of ensuring all decisions are within policies and principles of the company
· Reviews the credit and AR standing of customers on a regular basis (usually on a monthly basis)
· Approves or disapproves hold orders of customers, or endorses same to the COO or President, based on the levels of approvals as specified in the credit policy of the company
· Provides communication to the Philippines Sales organization pertaining to any directions, plans and programs that will affect the whole team as well as customers. This includes communications on concerns or issues that require the attention of the whole team. The incumbent will ensure that the COO is informed and copied with such communications.
*** Note: Scope of work will be revised depending on the business needs, other related duties as and when assigned by your reporting superior from time to time.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· 2 or more years' experience in a Senior Sales management position
· Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent educational level preferred
· 10 years' food manufacturing sales management experience leading a successful sales team
CRITICAL SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· People management
· Strong management, analytical and planning skills
· Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals
· Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Great team playe
REPORTS TO: COO Feeds