Network and Comms Engineer (Project Based)
- Capas, Tarlac, Philippines
PILMICO FOODS CORPORATION, the food and agribusiness subsidiary of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, is considered as one of the largest flour milling companies in the Philippines. We are primarily engaged in the manufacture of wheat flour and wheat by-products and have been ranked among the top three domestic flour producers in terms of sales.
We import both soft and hard wheat, the primary raw material for our products, from the United States and Canada. All our flour products are fortified with Vitamin A and Iron, and certified with Halal and Sangkap Pinoy seal. Through our Research and Training facilities located in Luzon and Mindanao, we also offer technical services and bakery trainings to meet the needs of our stakeholders.
Our products are distributed all over Philippines through distributors and dealers. We have also expanded the reach of our flour products to the ASEAN region, exporting to countries like: Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Myanmar and Hongkong.
True to our brand promise of being Partners for Growth, we advance our business and communities by providing business solutions and building partnerships for growth.
- The Engineer, Network and Communications role is responsible for maintaining and administering the organizations’ computer networks which will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software and hardware from attacks and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. The role will be working closely with users of the network to identify potential issues and fix existing problems. Within the SFIA - Skills Framework for the Information Age profile, the Engineer, Network and Communications must demonstrate Level 3 responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Network Administration, Systems Engineering or a related field of study.
Maintains relevant networking certifications such as:
- COMPTIA’s Network+
- Cisco’s CCNA
- Microsoft certifications in Windows Server and Windows Client
- Manager, Network Infrastructure & Site Operations
- IT Operation Supervisor
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years hands-on experience in implementing and administering corporate network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Strong knowledge on network technologies, storage architecture, cloud computing and database technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Strong knowledge on different server operating system such as Windows, Unix, Linux and mobile OS such as iOS, Android.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with team members, organization and individuals within varied skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.