- Newton Rd, Singapore
Gold Coin Services Singapore Pte Ltd
Established in Singapore in 1953, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically balanced animal feed within Asia. Gold Coin today is one of the largest agribusinesses in the Region with 2900 employees across 9 countries.
With a milling capacity of approximately 2.6 million tonnes per year, Gold Coin offers a wide range of products for both the Livestock and the Aqua industries, including young animals and hatchery feed, premixes, concentrates and compound feed.
In May 2019, Pilmico acquired 100 percent (100%) of the total and outstanding shares in Gold Coin Management Holdings (“Gold Coin”). Pilmico is the integrated agribusiness and food company of Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV). Comprised of four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading, Pilmico has been well positioned at the beginning of the value chain.
Gold coins have always symbolized good fortune, lasting value and superior quality. The gold coin analogy has been a guiding force for our Company over the years as we have perfected our recipes and built a strong brand name and reputation as the market leader of premium quality feed.
This role will provide support to the Group Legal Counsel on contract drafting, preparing of legal documents, carrying out legal research, answering internal legal queries and queries by internal and external stakeholders.
The role will involve handling sensitive data and therefore pre-screening / vetting will be required. Any offer will be subject to these background checks.
- To assist the legal team in preparing legal documents, drafting & reviewing agreement, assisting with due diligence & regulatory applications;
- Drafting of new contracts across all business entities, tailoring templates to specific contract needs and ensuring all legal points have been considered;
- Work with our legal partners to ensure legal templates are kept up to date;
- Research and keep up to date with the latest legal changes affecting the Group;
- Handle legal queries from the team members across the business;
- Assist in investigation of legal/compliance matters for the new businesses, explaining the business structure to the local attorneys and obtaining the memorandum, and preparing the appropriate contract drafts based on the investigation;
- Assist in all aspects of general compliance matters – including without limitation, investigating local laws, preparing policies, supporting roll-out of group-wide policies, and training for business teams regarding, governance, data privacy, anti-corruption, confidentiality, export control and other various areas of corporate compliance;
- Assist in corporate filings - including without limitation, preparing various types of resolutions and other corporate-related documents, as needed for compliance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- Assist in litigation or dispute resolution;
- Assist in setting up of new entities, branch / representative offices;
- Any other duties that may be identified from time to time.
- A successful candidate will ideally have a law degree or legal qualification
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong time management and commitment to getting things done in a timely manner, often in accordance to strict timelines
- Ability to deliver high quality work
- Logical thinker with the ability to identify solutions to problems and clearly communicate them
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel
- Problem solving;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Willingness to learn;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong planning and organisation;
- Excellent English (written and oral);
- Ability to speak and write in South East Asian languages is a plus
- Travelling may be required (10%)