Assistant Manager, Human Resources
- Scotts Rd, Singapore
Gold Coin Services Singapore Pte Ltd
Established in Singapore in 1953, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically balanced animal feed within Asia. Gold Coin today is one of the largest agribusinesses in the Region with 2900 employees across 9 countries.
With a milling capacity of approximately 2.6 million tonnes per year, Gold Coin offers a wide range of products for both the Livestock and the Aqua industries, including young animals and hatchery feed, premixes, concentrates and compound feed.
In May 2019, Pilmico acquired 100 percent (100%) of the total and outstanding shares in Gold Coin Management Holdings (“Gold Coin”). Pilmico is the integrated agribusiness and food company of Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV). Comprised of four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading, Pilmico has been well positioned at the beginning of the value chain.
Gold coins have always symbolized good fortune, lasting value and superior quality. The gold coin analogy has been a guiding force for our Company over the years as we have perfected our recipes and built a strong brand name and reputation as the market leader of premium quality feed.
- Provide a full spectrum of HR Services and functions in the areas of recruitment, payroll processing, and benefits administration.
- Develop recruitment strategies and fulfil manpower requirements.
- Manage employee services programs e.g. Insurance, Leave management, welfare-related plans, etc.
- Handle payroll related matters for the company, including statutory filings and reporting.
- Assist in developing, implementing and improving HR administrative policies and procedures.
- Develop sound recruitment strategy and work with hiring managers in recruiting personnel to ensure that manpower requirements are met.
- Facilitate the recruitment for non-managerial positions, undertake the administration and follow-up work leading to job offers, including recommending commencing base salary, drawing up employment contracts, arranging a pre-employment medical check-up and perform background reference check.
- Support the on-boarding process of new hires for Gold Coin Singapore Office.
- Support all recruitment related campaigns e.g. Career fairs, job postings, etc.
- Provide brief orientation to new employees on the first day of work and advise them with basic information about the company and HR-related programs.
- Administer employee’s confirmation and performance reviews and ensure timely processing of documentation
- Process all paperwork regarding recruitment of foreign colleagues such as application and monitoring, cancellation and renewal of Employment Pass and Work Permit.
- Process all transfers, promotions, resignations, and termination cases
- Manage benefits program e.g. Insurance, leave management, welfare plans, etc.
- Maintain the e-Leave and time management systems and all activities relating to the running of the system
- Maintenance and generation of HR data for statistical reporting & audits.
- Oversee the day to day operational needs of HR functions such as data maintenance, records, and documentation, P-files maintenance, HR forms, etc.
- Understand employee relations issues at hand and provide necessary support through counseling and employee listening; provide advice and /or facilitate solutions as appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance to the line managers and colleagues on HR related matters.
*** Note: Scope of work will be revised depending on the business needs, other related duties as and when assigned by your reporting superior from time to time.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business or related disciplines.
- Desirable: MBA
- At least 5 years experience in Human Resources business partnering role
- Hands-on knowledge in payroll processing and well versed in statutory requirements
- Proven ability in small to mid-scale project management – able to conceptualize project action plans, articulate and implement such plans effectively
The utilization of limited HR resources in the most efficient manner to process efficiency and time spent on strategy/decision support.
- Timely completion of staffing requirements as per the recruitment schedule
- Ability to pre-empt and react appropriately to changing legislation, HR practices, and trends.
- Up-to-date and accurate preparation and analysis of HR reports
- Ability to pre-empt, advise managers and facilitate an environment to establish good colleague relations.
- Confidentiality - consistently demonstrates a strong work ethic and values, ability to remain objective and maintain confidentially and trust with peers.
- Communication skills – excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, ability to articulate the message to adapt to suit the target audience. He/She is also a good listener.
- Flexibility – Ability to multi-task, whilst maintaining clear results focus on all matters at hand
- Teamwork – Ability to build rapport and contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Proactive – self-motivated and gains personal satisfaction from demonstrating a high standard of work performance.