- Midland, TX
Why work with us?
Enjoy the stability of working with an agency that keeps their clients happy which in turn keeps our applicants happy. We offer extremely competitive rates and pay along with immediate health benefits.
We take the best and most passionate people we can find and put them in an environment where they can thrive. We value customer service, teamwork, and dedication.
Our high standards for our applicants carry over to our high standards as your future employer. Join our team and discover a unique concept in staffing that puts your best interest at the core. We negotiate for the very best in your compensation, accommodations, safety, perks and every aspect of our working relationship with you.
- The Derrick Operator inspects derricks, or orders their inspection, prior to being raised or lowered.
- Inspects derricks for flaws, and cleans and oils derricks in order to maintain proper working conditions.
- Controls the viscosity and weight of the drilling fluid.
- Repairs pumps, mud tanks, and related equipment.
- Sets and bolts crown blocks to posts at tops of derricks.
- Listens to mud pumps and checks regularly for vibration and other problems, in order to ensure that rig pumps and drilling mud systems are working properly.
- Starts pumps that circulate mud through drill pipes and boreholes to cool drill bits and flush out drill-cuttings.
- Positions and aligns derrick elements, using harnesses and platform climbing devices.
- Supervises crew members, and provides assistance in training them.
- Guide lengths of pipe into and out of elevators.
Our Derrick Operator must have knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance, knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications. Derrick Operators needs knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Derrick Operators needs knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurements of training effects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and written
- Must have basic problem solving and organization skills
- Must be able to bend, stoop and lift objects of up to 75 pounds for extended periods of time
- Must have workover rig experience; Floorhand, Derrickhand and/or operator
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
We review applications in the order that they are received. Apply today to be given proper and due consideration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Orientation 30 mins. to an hour...then you're on your way!!!