Hospice Social Worker
- Jefferson City, MO, USA
At Phoenix Home Care & Hospice, we provide home care services to our clients of all ages in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado and Illinois. We are seeking Patient, Honest and Compassionate individuals to join our team!
Phoenix Home Care & Hospice is currently seeking a Social Worker for our Hospice Department in the Jefferson City area.
- Case Info: Social Worker for Hospice patients from the Jefferson City area.
- Our Hospice Positions include: meeting the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of our clients and their families. Our patients are facing end-of-life healthcare needs and we are seeking Hospice Team Members who can provide the needed nursing care with dignity, compassion & a warm heart.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct a psycho-social assessment as part of the comprehensive assessment within 5 days of admission to the hospice program. This includes emotional, social, financial and environmental resources and to identify appropriate psycho-social problems, interventions, and goals for the patient’s plan of care.
- Participate in IDG meetings and the development of the patient’s plan of care.
- Observe, record and report the changes on the patient’s emotional and social factors that are being affected by the patient’s illness and his/her need for care and his/her response to treatment.
- Maintain and submit written clinical records as deemed by the Agency, including the initial evaluation, the care plan and daily notes.
- Evaluate the patients and family’s response to, and effectiveness of, the medical social work intervention.
- Confirm, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the patients’ Case Managers to facilitate coordination of other staff visits.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Scheduling, Supportive Leadership Team, Opportunities for Advancement, and MORE!
Please submit your resume for consideration online. Our HIring Managers will review the submitted information and will book interviews accordingly. If you would like to check the status of your submitted information, please contact our Recruitment Team at 855-881-7442.
- Master’s Degree from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education OR Baccalaureate degree in Social Work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Home Health and/or Hospice Experience preferred.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Phoenix Home Care and Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phoenix Home Care is a drug-free workplace and administers pre-employment post-offer drug testing.