Fund Accountant - Remote Work Opportunity
- 2401 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Phoenix American Incorporated is made up of a diversified group of companies providing financial services to clients since 1972. Our Financial Services Company is a registered transfer agent with the SEC and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds. We are a leader in the field of securitization administration and accounting managing over $14 billion of aviation assets at original issuance. We have a reputation for excellence providing distinctive quality, superior technology and committed customer service to our clients for more than forty years.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to fund accounting
- Prepare transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Assist in preparing work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc. for review.
- Assist in preparing management fee calculations
- Assist in preparing investor allocations and capital account statements
- Assist in preparing capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Assist in preparing financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Help manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the other team members, client, and auditors
- Handle daily/routine client information requests that include processing accounts payable processing.
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Assist in delivering accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with other team members
- Responsibility for maintaining database of transaction supporting documents stored on network drives.
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investments funds – private equity or partnership accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- Experience preparing and reviewing general ledgers, partner allocations, work papers and financial statements
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.