- 2401 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901, USA
Phoenix American Incorporated is made up of a diversified group of companies providing financial services to clients since 1972. Our Financial Services Company is a registered transfer agent with the SEC and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds. We are a leader in the field of securitization administration and accounting managing over $14 billion of aviation assets at original issuance. We have a reputation for excellence providing distinctive quality, superior technology and committed customer service to our clients for more than forty years.
Perform a variety of routine accounts payable and accounts receivable functions with a computerized purchasing/payables system including data input, preparing checks, initiating banking activities, performing research, maintaining files and reviewing documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of accounts payable functions required to generate money transfers and record payments in a computerized purchasing/payables system.
- Prepare documents into organized groups based on department procedures in varying stages of payables processing.
- Request documents/signatures, etc. required to complete payment of invoices and avoid duplicate payments.
- Input data into systems as required. Review and calculate a variety of purchasing/payables documents and databases to assure accuracy and generate payments to vendors based on procedures manual and department guidelines.
- Prepare accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files.
- Provide assistance in monthly closings, and other special projects as necessary.
- Perform other related department functions as provided.
- AA Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One (1) year experience in accounts payable preferred or other similar environment
- Very good data entry skills and attention to details
- Ability to use computer technology to perform accounts receivable functions and maintain related records
- Ability to understand and follow company procedures and policies
- Oral and written communication skills to support basic problem solving with originators and vendors
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A quick study of new processes and procedures
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.