- 2401 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901, USA
Phoenix American Incorporated is made up of a diversified group of companies providing financial services to clients since 1972. Our Financial Services Company is a registered transfer agent with the SEC and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds. We are a leader in the field of securitization administration and accounting managing over $17 billion of aviation assets at original issuance. We have a reputation for excellence providing distinctive quality, superior technology and committed customer service to our clients for more than forty years.
We are looking for an individual to help grow our fund accounting services for clients that manage various non-traded investment programs. The Fund Accountant will assist in preparing a variety of investment program financial reports for clients that may include cash forecasts, investor Net Assets Values (NAV’s), capital calls, distributions and, other fund financial reporting output. They will also have the responsibility to record transactions to the general ledger and assist in preparing investment program work paper presentations.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to fund accounting
- Prepare transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, etc.
- Assist in preparing work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc. for review
- Assist in preparing management fee calculations
- Assist in preparing investor allocations and capital account statements
- Assist in preparing capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Assist in preparing financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Help manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the other team members, client, and auditors
- Handle daily/routine client information requests that include processing accounts payable processing
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Assist in delivering accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with other team members
- Responsibility for maintaining database of transaction supporting documents stored on network drives
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investment funds - private equity or partnership accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- Experience preparing and reviewing general ledgers, partner allocations, work papers and financial statements
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER