- 2401 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901, USA
Phoenix American Incorporated is made up of a diversified group of companies providing financial services to clients since 1972. Our Financial Services Company is a registered transfer agent with the SEC and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds. We are a leader in the field of securitization administration and accounting managing over $14 billion of aviation assets at original issuance. We have a reputation for excellence providing distinctive quality, superior technology and committed customer service to our clients for more than forty years.
Analyze financial information, assess internal controls, and create new methods for efficiencies. Lead and supervise several monthly processes, including invoice billing process, general ledger close, general ledger account analyses and complex bank reconciliations. Assist Controller with process improvement and research inter-department reporting challenges. Review financial transactions and quarter-end work paper files for multiple entities, including foreign subsidiaries. May require financial presentations to CFO. We are seeking a highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented person for the position. Report directly to Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review general ledger entries and quarter-end financial information, including foreign currency transaction entries.
- Review general ledger account analyses, quarter-end financial information, including foreign currency translation entries and financial statements.
- Analyze financial information detailing balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial statements and operational reports.
- Review monthly billing of invoices to approximately 80-100 clients and assist with creating inter-department procedures as needed.
- Manage process to reconcile numerous high-volume, complex client-related bank account data to entries in internal software, plus troubleshoot and document system issues.
- Interact with internal departments, clients, and external service providers.
- Document and update process flows and procedures as needed.
- Research accounting / GAAP reporting issues as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- At least 2 years of work experience as Accounting Manager
- At least 7+ years of work experience in general ledger accounting positions required
- Prior experience in professional service organization
- Deep technical accounting knowledge with strong understanding of GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience with Oracle accounting software preferred
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent analytical skills and be detail-oriented
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.