AV Installation Technician
- Draper Pkwy, Draper, UT 84020, USA
Philm Gear is a multi-media equipment supply and tech consultancy and reseller. We offer personalized, guided research and customized solutions for our client’s multi-media needs, and assemble affordable packages. Our intimate knowledge of product, combined with a knack for creative implementation makes us the number-one equipment resource for universities, churches, businesses and other organizations with large multi-media needs and services, including rentals.
For more company information, please check out our website at
Philm Gear, Inc, a leading provider in designing and implementing audio-visual equipment and systems for corporate, government, and education clients are seeking a qualified candidate for AV Installation Technician position.
This is a field-based, role that primarily installs and integrates equipment, as directed. They are also responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and equipment modifications. The ideal candidate will interact with customers professionally and knowledgeably, system design and layout and complete various tasks as required.
The AV Tech will be well rounded and experienced in commercial Audio/Visual systems. They should have strong industry knowledge of best practices and installation standards consistent with manufacturers' specifications and Philm Gear best practices.
• Assists with the installation of integration systems. This includes physical placement of equipment, installation, termination, and interconnection of all cables, downloading and configuration of software; and testing of all functions per test documentation as required.
• Assist with bids.
• System design and layout
• Operates with limited direct supervision, self-motivation and problem-solving.
• Testing, and demonstration of integration systems.
• Maintains a courteous and professional demeanor when working with Customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Utilize Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities.
• May be asked to assist with warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc.
• Offer support to clients.
• Assist with other sales tasks as needed.
• Associate's Degree in Electronics, Mechanical or similar degree, or one to two years of related experience.
• Minimum of one to two years’ experience in a related field of work with service support and/or installation - electronics, audio/video, or hospital IT experience a plus.
• Excellent knowledge of personal computers, video technology, video cabling, and networking.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.