Lead Full Stack Engineer | $140K-160K + Remote + Bonus | Industry Leading EdTech Company
You can work remotely but we prefer candidates to be located on the east coast for occasional travel to our DC office once per quarter. You must be a US citizen, have a green card or long term visa to apply to this position
ARE YOU READY TO DISRUPT THE EDTECH INDUSTRY AND GIG ECONOMY?
Our client is an industry leading B2B EdTech company that not only offers their award winning K through 12 platform to students, but is also expanding their service offerings to drive future growth of the business.
Currently they are building a new B2C/B2B online tutoring platform - this is an exciting opportunity to disrupt the EdTech and gig economy where certified teachers across the country can conveniently and seamlessly teach students online from anywhere.
Our client’s vision of the tutoring platform is to optimize learning via quality, interactive communication, and convenience.
- Quality - This is the only online tutoring platform that requires tutors to be certified teachers with expertise in multiple subjects who can adapt lesson plans to meet students' unique goals and needs.
- Interactive Communication - both parents and students get access to lesson plans, session notes, and session recaps while also being able to chat with the tutor online in real time.
- Convenience - Not only is there flexible scheduling for the student, but both students and tutors can connect online from anywhere seamlessly.
Compensation and Benefits Overview:
- Bonus is 10% minimum and can go higher based on company performance.
- Remote first company culture - get a free work laptop sent to you.
- 401K that vests immediately with 3% match.
- Great health benefits package including multiple options to fit your needs.
- Flexible PTO Policy.
As a Lead Full Stack Engineer, your mission is to work with business stakeholders and senior engineering staff across the Product Development and IT organizations to design the best solutions to address the business objectives for your assigned product platform(s). The role requires a strong understanding of technology, software development, ecommerce and application architecture mixed with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will not only lead the development of our new product, but you'll assist in hiring new employees for the team you will manage and grow.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead development for our Tutoring B2B and B2C applications across our eCommerce platforms for web and mobile apps.
- Define and maintain an application architectural vision that addresses security, reliability, performance, monitoring/operations, deployment/DevOps, testability, and other critical technical considerations.
- Work with Product Management, User Experience, and Engineering management to define a technical roadmap.
- Develop web applications and RESTful APIs using 12-factor application principles.
- Guide engineering teams to ensure they fully understand the business/application vision to enable them to make better decisions.
- Foster technical innovation, including conducting prototypes and proofs-of-concept to evaluate potential solutions and/or new technologies.
- Work with business stakeholders and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
- Assist in creating cost & duration estimates to enable management to make informed business decisions.
- Estimate and own feature-level work effort for input to project planning.
- 6+ years of experience in application architecture across multiple systems and environments.
- 5+ years of experience with Node.js, React, AWS, JSON, and SQL/NoSQL.
- Some experience with jenkins, cloud templates, bitbucket, git.
- Experience building B2C applications - preferably in e-commerce or fintech payment systems.
- AWS experience of serverless architectures and configuring API gateways.
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills including identifying business risks and future implications for all decisions.
- Passion for learning new skills and technologies to improve performance.
- Ability to evaluate complex trade-offs between competing business & technical drivers to arrive at an optimal solution.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills with ability to document technical requirements and implementations.
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with business users, technical staff, and management to reconcile differing points of view and build consensus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Our vision at PhillyTech is to be the #1 resource to help SaaS and Hi-Tech companies with recruiting, hiring and lead generation. We were founded in 2015 and have been passionately working with 100+ clients in the SaaS and Hi-Tech Industry for 24+ years. PhillyTech is your "Growth Partner" and the industry leader in building Growth Solutions in Hiring and Lead Generation that drive revenue, increase productivity and lower costs.
Reach out to us at www.phillytech.co to learn more about how we can help you.