Sr. DevOps Engineer |135K-150K + Work Remotely | IT Services Firm
Our client has been in business for 20 years and some of their notable clients include Microsoft, Comcast, Barclays, and more. They are the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management.
Delivered through their Platform, their cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on them every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate matching
- Open Paid-Time-Off [PTO]
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to recommend, design and implement new services and support existing services while working directly with our internal engineering teams. This position will have a focus on Microsoft-based applications within Azure and AWS, with additional opportunities to work with Linux-based open-source projects. You'll continually be looking for ways to improve both infrastructure and application deployment and testing pipelines. You will be responsible for overall system performance, uptime, and incident management.
What you will be doing:
- Manage cloud environments (AWS/Azure).
- Automate cloud deployments using Terraform.
- Software Configuration Management using Ansible or Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions for technology stacks and container orchestration platforms.
- Implement Continuous Improvement Continuous Delivery solutions.
- Work with various source control technologies, including their connection to processes/pipelines.
- Aid customers in addressing challenges, help to recommend DevOps solutions in line with the customer’s goals.
- Work with the development team to build, deploy, and maintain the software in cloud environments.
- Work with product security to develop and implement security best practices.
- 5-10+ years of experience with configuration management and deployment automation tools such as Azure DevOps Pipelines, Terraform, or Ansible.
- Production-level experience with distributed applications at scale in the cloud (AWS/Azure) including serverless technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of modern continuous development techniques and pipelines (Azure DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab).
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of NoSQL database solutions such as Redis and MongoDB.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies, IIS, Windows Server, and Azure cloud services.
- Experience with, Docker, .NET technologies on Linux, Networking, firewall and load balancer configuration, and Web Application Firewalls a plus
- Knowledge of FTP and file delivery mechanisms desired.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent relevant field.
We an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.