Senior Director of Architecture | 175K-225K + Remote | Global Industry Leading EdTech Company
You can work remotely from anywhere in the US. Our client is ONLY looking for US citizens or people with Green Cards. Ideally, candidates would be in Philadelphia or North Carolina, but it is not required.
Our client is a global industry-leading EdTech company with a suite of education services that supports all students from middle school to graduate school in more than 125 countries. For over 100 years, our client has provided affordable, high-quality digital products and services to educate and prepare students for the job market. Recently subscriptions for our client’s digital products and services have surpassed 5 million.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance.
- Health savings & flexible spending accounts.
- Paid vacations, holidays & sick days.
- 401(k) savings plan.
- Employee wellness programs, mentorship & groups.
- Paid parental leave, parent & fertility resources.
- Work/life balance.
- Career development resources.
Our client is looking for a leader with Enterprise Architecture experience in scaled agile environments. Reporting to the Chief Architect you'll drive the technology strategy, roadmaps, and architectural design working with the product and engineering organizations on our most complex technical challenges for our nascent but fast-growing Workforce Skills business. Ultimately, your mission will be to add business value and create competitive advantages for the business through the effective and efficient execution of product and platform strategies that fit our culture and meet our business objectives. More responsibilities include:
- Lead design discussions, prove out concepts through prototypes and be on the front lines of implementing the hardest parts of our production systems.
- Drive innovation through new technologies and approaches that serve to enhance the existing core technology base around cloud, mobile, systematized machine learning, microservices, data, and API-enabled platforms and products.
- Collaborate with the team of technical product managers, engineering managers, senior engineers and architects.
- Designing reusable microservices architecture e.g., Ai Ops and driving comprehensive integration strategy.
- Define technical requirements (scalability, availability, maintenance, security).
- Mentor, and coach a team of principal engineers.
- Assist with crafting the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
- Define and document metrics to measure and demonstrate enterprise technology value as well as vital design and analysis work, possibly including project retrospective documentation and metric collection.
- 10+ years of software engineering and technology management experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a senior leadership role overseeing large enterprise level architecture and decision making.
- Experience with integrating with partner solutions and acquired technologies.
- Experienced at modernizing legacy systems including the technical and change management aspects that accompany transformative change.
- Demonstrated history of hiring, developing, retaining and upgrading technical talent including the management of globally distributed teams.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills, project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve strategic goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our vision at PhillyTech is to be the #1 resource to help SaaS and Hi-Tech companies with recruiting, hiring and lead generation. We were founded in 2015 and have been passionately working with 100+ clients in the SaaS and Hi-Tech Industry for 24+ years. PhillyTech is your "Growth Partner" and the industry leader in building Growth Solutions in Hiring and Lead Generation that drive revenue, increase productivity and lower costs.
Reach out to us at www.phillytech.co to learn more about how we can help you.