Senior Level Node.js Engineer | $150K-200K + Work Remotely | Customer Loyalty Payments SaaS Company
- 322 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Our client is ONLY looking for US Citizens or people that have their Green Card. Ideally, candidates would be able to travel into the office in Philadelphia, PA for a few days a week, but they’re willing to work with Engineers and Developers that are outside the Philadelphia region and anywhere in the United States.
YOU READY TO DISRUPT THE OPEN COMMERCE INDUSTRY?
PhillyTech's client is an industry leading Customer Loyalty and Digital Payments Solutions Company. Open Commerce is their Product Suite that combines intelligent 1:1 loyalty contactless commerce, Cross Channel Customer Experience and frictionless physical store technologies into one modern integrated platform.
Our technology and managed software services empower retailers to operationalize programs powered by Open Commerce and bring to market custom loyalty, commerce, and mobile storefront solutions.
Successful candidates will enjoy our friendly and flexible culture, and embrace our relentless drive to excellence and goal of providing the #1 retail marketing platform in the fuel & convenience industry and beyond.
- Flexible onsite / remote work environment
- Great healthcare plan
- Flexible PTO Program
- Parental leave offered
PhillyTech's client is looking for someone to work on its expanding product engineering team as they build and grow their Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform.
- Working with the team, design and implement new functionality based on product objectives and requirements.
- Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as resolve bugs and execute technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform.
- Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
- Expand APIs and business logic, and as needed write or revise customer-facing API documentation.
- Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented backend applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale.
- Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Open Commerce applications or services running in production environments.
- 6-10+ years practical experience building custom applications in Node.js, Ruby on Rails, React.js and Postgres
- Experience building and maintaining backend APIs, including design, implementation, evolution, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language.
- Proficiency using both relational and non-relational database technologies.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing.
- Basic knowledge Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with OAuth and JWT.
- Some experience with front-end JS technologies, esp. React or Angular.
- An ability to work in service-based architectures.
- Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work.
- The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated unit tests in order to deliver high-quality system improvements.
- An ability to effectively break down larger bodies of work for delivery as a series of small, self-contained changes to the system.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience.
- Experience with Nest.js and/or GraphQL
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our vision at PhillyTech is to be the #1 resource to help SaaS and Hi-Tech companies succeed with hiring and lead generation. We were founded in 2015 and have been passionately working with 100+ clients in the SaaS and Hi-Tech Industry for 24+ years. PhillyTech is your "Growth Partner" and the industry leader in building Hiring, Recruiting, Software Development, Lead Generation and Sales Solutions that drive revenue, increase productivity and lower costs. Reach out to us at www.phillytech.co