Mid Level Ruby on Rails Engineer | 110k-150k + Work Remotely | Disruptive Open Commerce SaaS Platform
- 1617 John F Kennedy Blvd 20th floor, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
Our client is ONLY looking for US Citizens or people that have their Green Card. Ideally, candidates would be able to travel into the office in Philadelphia, PA for a few days a week, but they’re willing to work with Engineers and Developers that are outside the Philadelphia region and anywhere in the United States.
ARE YOU READY TO DISRUPT THE OPEN COMMERCE INDUSTRY?
PhillyTech's client is an industry leading Customer Loyalty and Digital Payments Solutions Company. Open Commerce is their Product Suite that combines intelligent 1:1 loyalty contactless commerce, Cross Channel Customer Experience and frictionless physical store technologies into one modern integrated platform.
Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel & convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Their technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Their platform services and applications are built using a broad portfolio of technologies (Typescript, NodeJS, Ruby, React, others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes (via EKS).
They are located in Philadelphia, and leverage a diverse distributed product engineering and operations team of more than 150 people across the United States and Ukraine.
Come Work With a Team that Cares More with the Mantra is #GoNerds!
Their team is driven, passionate, dedicated, awesome to work with, and smart, distributed across the world, and every day bring their whole selves to work.
Team chemistry is our client’s #1 priority and they walk the talk when it comes to their people. They have been written up in multiple media outlets as being one of the top companies in the Philadelphia region and nationally for making their people first.
- They Invest in their People - Our base pay is in the top quartile for comparable tech companies in the US and we invest in our local communities by donating our time and money to make an impact.
- They Believe that Their Differences Make Them Better - We are adding folks to our team who bring diverse experience and expertise and come from diverse backgrounds.
- They Make an Impact, Together! - By helping retailers connect with their consumers and grow their business, they help their retail customers drive key business outcomes.
- Highly competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Great healthcare plan.
- Flexible Hybrid Work Schedule.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Parental leave offered.
PhillyTech is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails engineer to be part of the team of one of our SaaS clients. They want someone to work on its expanding product engineering team as they build and grow their Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform.
- Working with the team, design and implement new functionality based on product objectives and requirements.
- Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as resolve bugs and execute technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform.
- Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
- Expand APIs and business logic, and as needed write or revise customer-facing API documentation.
- Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented backend applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale.
- Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Open Commerce applications or services running in production environments.
- 3-5 years industry experience or equivalent using Rails as a primary technology.
- Experience building and maintaining backend APIs, implementation, evolution, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language.
- Proficiency using relational database technologies.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated tests.
- An ability to work in service-based architectures as well as well-factored Rails applications.
- Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work.
- The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effectively automated. tests to deliver high-quality system improvements.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience.
- Experience with NodeJS or React.
- Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries.
- Experience working in distributed teams.
- Experience with Nest.js and/or GraphQL.
Our vision at PhillyTech is to be the #1 resource to help SaaS and Hi-Tech companies succeed with hiring and lead generation. We were founded in 2015 and have been passionately working with 100+ clients in the SaaS and Hi-Tech Industry for 24+ years. PhillyTech is your "Growth Partner" and the industry leader in building Hiring, Recruiting, Software Development, Lead Generation and Sales Solutions that drive revenue, increase productivity and lower costs. Reach out to us at www.phillytech.co