IL - HR Specialist
- PharmaCann, Chicago, IL, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates twelve dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland and Ohio with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Human Resources Specialist will oversee and manage variety of HR projects and administrative duties. The Human Resources Specialist will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities and will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Key member in translating compliance initiatives to HR processes for new market expansion
- Develops metrics to track and analyze HR initiatives, goals, and results
- Drives projects to automate HR processes, and acts as a key team member on HRIS conversion project
- Acts as project manager on key HR initiatives
- Assist in development and evaluation of onboarding plans
- Generates and analyzes ad hoc reporting to show trends and impact
- Handles EEO-1 reporting activity – retrieves, prepares, and analyzes data in compliance with related requirements
- Prepares analytics for affirmative action reporting
- Prepares all compliance related reporting, such as ACA reporting
- Conducts research and stays current on best practices, trends and issues
- Acts as backup for HRIS Administrator
- Manages aspects of the onboarding process including recruiting, I9 verification, benefits enrollment and HRIS system updates
- Conducts Orientation for new employees on topics such as the employee handbook, benefits and company history
- Writes policies & procedures for new work flows; updates policies and procedures as necessary
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or relevant field
- Successful work experience as a Human Resources Specialist, administrator or other HR position
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute) a plus
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development) helpful
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills-(conditional formatting, filtering, formula creation, v-lookup, comparisons, If statements, Pivot tables and data tables/charting)
- Commitment to staying current on understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Previous experience working with Google Suite a plus
- Previous experience with implementing HRIS modules (experience with Paycor/Kronos a plus)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.