IL -Senior Accountant
- PharmaCann, Chicago, IL, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates thirteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for handling all aspects of financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, reconciling bank statements, and supporting the month-end and year-end close process. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
Responsibilities will include:
● Establishing and implementing appropriate accounting processes and procedures, including standards and internal controls.
● Recording/processing of financial transactions, including accruals, lease accounting, capital projects, and payroll related transactions.
● Monthly closing of books and issuing of financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, including performing of monthly reconciliations on general ledger accounts to ensure their accuracy.
● Providing information to the external accountants and tax preparers.
● Assembling information for external auditors for audits and reviews.
● Compiling compliance data for banking regulations.
● Complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
● Processing Sales and Use Tax by state.
● Maintain strict confidentiality of company information, financial or otherwise.
● Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 5-8 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience.
● Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards with experience in manufacturing and retail operation.
● Proficient in MS Excel as well as accounting software and reporting tools.
● Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
● Self-directed with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment; experience working in a startup is a plus.
● Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.