NY - Patient Care Representative
- PharmaCann, Albany, NY, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates thirteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist General Manager, the Patient Care Representative (PCR) will assist the general manager and assistant general manager in all administrative, clinical and operational functions within a fast-paced, clinically-oriented, environment. The PCR will educate patients/caregivers on medical marijuana products under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. The PCR will promote a work environment that is positive, patient service-oriented and compliant within the guidelines of the state and company. The ideal candidate should be passionate about their role and have a strong willingness to help people become educated about medical cannabis.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Assist pharmacist manager in filling practitioner recommendations, and filing state required documentation based on Compassionate Care Act guidelines.
- Electronically file documents into member file folders, set up files for new members, and audit files to ensure that information is accurately filed.
- Perform the timely triage of documents and steam-line tasks appropriately to the Pharmacists.
- Answer phone calls from patients, schedule appointments, and any other functions necessary for Dispensary operations.
- Process recommendations for patients under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Prepare and provide support in all (onsite and desk) audit activities related to Dispensary Unit.
- Assist in education and ringing out of patients.
- Accountable for accurately utilizing PharmaCann’s Point of Sale system.
- Assist in the check in process in the Dispensary.
- Provides outstanding patient service.
- Inspire patient confidence and create patient loyalty.
- Develop knowledge of various products and the NYS Medical Marijuana Program and Federal law regarding medical cannabis.
- Execute PharmaCann’s dispensary protocols including safety protocols.
- Complies with all security and legal requirements.
- Act as a safety officer.
- Ensure the store is well maintained.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Back up Courier and OSS roles as required. Couriers are required to hold a current driver license and maintain a good driving record.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Strong Computer based skills.
- Compassionate and strong work ethic
- A high school diploma or higher and 2+ years of work experience. Experience in a retail, high level customer service company, and/or managed care/health care organization preferred.
- Proven track record in ability to cultivate long- term patient/customer relationships
- Previous dispensing, retail or patient service experience preferred
- Exceptional patient service skills; experience in health care related field is a plus
- Desire to learn about our products in order to assist patients
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, Point of Sale software and cash management is a must
- Strong attention to detail and must have a team-player mentality
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve in a professional manner
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling expectations including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts
- Must be 21 years of age and pass a background check.
- Job may require regular weekend and evening shifts.
- May be required to drive in snow, rainy or difficult conditions.
- May be tasked to deal with difficult clients.
- May be required to stand for long periods.
- Can lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to withstand long hours working on a computer
- Ability to move quickly within the facility
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.