IL - Junior Legal Associate
- PharmaCann, Chicago, IL, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates thirteen dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
This role supports the Legal team in assisting with corporate legal matters, and regulatory coordination for the company, as well as general in-house legal duties including but not limited to employment matters. The Junior Legal Associate will work under the direction of the Office of the General Counsel.
· Analyze and summarize complex legal documents, including contracts, proposals, letters of intent, and term sheets with respect to proposed transactions.
· Perform due diligence for acquisitions, divestitures or other capital projects.
· Provide assistance with respect to the corporate framework and promote best practice corporate governance.
· Assist the compliance function with interpretation of all applicable state, county and municipal laws, ordinances and regulations and implement PharmaCann’s policies, procedures, and compliance best practices.
· Interpret and apply legal principles and procedures and develop effective working relationships with co-workers.
· Assist in the application process for entering new markets and in drafting and editing license applications.
· Assist with implementing PharmaCann’s policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance.
· Stay up to date with changes in rules and regulations.
· Prepare and review nondisclosure and consulting agreements.
· Develop solutions to complex legal questions.
· Self-starter, high level of initiative, proven pro-activeness.
· Ability to work autonomously and complete projects with minimal supervision.
· Strong familiarity with standard legal concepts and procedures.
· Possess excellent academic credentials, as well as exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Well-organized and professional, capable of meeting deadlines, and adept at managing multiple complex projects and changing priorities.
· Strong research and analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
· Ability to handle confidential client information in a professional and trustworthy manner.
· Availability to travel occasionally required.
Education and Experience
· Juris Doctorate Degree required from an ABA accredited school.
· Two to three years of prior legal experience required.
· This is an entry-level in-house attorney position. Law firm experience preferred, but not required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.