IL - Cannabis - Extraction Manager
- PharmaCann, Dwight, IL, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Extraction Manager manages and directs all Illinois extraction, refinement, formulation, and edible products production. The Manager leads a team of 4-6 direct reports to consistently produce high-quality concentrates and formulated products.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Ensure the safe, accurate, and timely production of products; ensure cleanliness, safety and efficiency of the production area
- Provide consistent oversight of extraction, refinement, and formulation procedures, ensuring standardized requirements and accuracy
- Master various techniques for marijuana extraction, refinement, formulation and infusion
- Expertise in Light Hydrocarbon extraction methods, as well as, the purification, separation and isolation of various compounds of cannabis
- Knowledge of distillation techniques
- Maintain quality control measures to ensure a high-quality product
- Ensure compliance with State regulations and testing requirements; develop SOPs to ensure safety, quality, and consistent processes
- Prepare inventory reports to ensure products are available, on point and in demand
- Maintain inventory of supplies, materials, equipment, including material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products
- Manage equipment maintenance and calibration to ensure non-interrupted production
- Continuous improvements in the responsible areas for continued efficiency improvements
- Stay current with practices and new developments in the cannabis extraction industry
- Ensure accurate weighing and inventory; all product are packaged, counted, sorted, and labeled accurately
- Support Illinois super patient program to optimize new product feedback
- Develop succession plan for key department personnel
- Mentor and conduct periodic performance reviews for staff to help them grow
- Support R&D projects
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualified candidates must exhibit a commitment to success and possess:
- Hands-on working style. Lead by example
- Able to establish and execute department Operations Plan based on the company goals
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognize and respond to changing trends and priorities
- Ability to work in and foster a collaborative team environment
- College degree in Chemistry or equivalent highly preferred, or equivalent industry experience required
- At least 2 years working with Cannabis extraction in a production environment required
- Minimum 2 years working in a regulated industry. Food or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- GMP and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years management experience, preferably in a multi-site capacity
- HAZMAT training strongly preferred
- Experience training and mentoring laboratory technicians and scientists with techniques for analysis and good laboratory practices
- Experience with various methods of extraction, preferably Light Hydrocarbon, Ethanol and CO2 experience acceptable
- Experience with cannabis concentrates including live resin, wax and shatter
- Experience with molecular distillation and steam distillation
Ability to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods; requires consistent eye/hand coordination in a precise lab setting; ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.