IL - Maintenance Technician
- PharmaCann, Hillcrest, Illinois, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The PharmaCann Maintenance Technician is responsible for planning, organizing, developing and executing the overall maintenance requirements of the cultivation and processing center. They will need to be able to perform routine repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment under general supervision.
This work is performed in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as the state and local regulations required to insure a safe and clean working environment and condition of the cultivation center.
Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform general cleaning and other tasks as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Ensures proper performance and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems within the building to ensure efficient operation
- Ensures proper performance, maintenance, and operation of all extraction and formulating processing equipment, and all package filling equipment.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performing repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and painting tasks.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Provides coverage for the boiler and all HVAC and facility mechanical systems. May be called out after hours as needed.
- Partners with security team to ensure all safety and security systems are properly maintained
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Ensures all custodial functions associated with cleaning and maintaining the cultivation center both inside and outside and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local building safety & security requirements.
- Manages outside contractors for determined outside facilities and equipment maintenance services.
- Will be required to sweep, vacuum, mop, scrub, wax, polish, and remove waste in accordance with company policies and safety procedures.
- Will be required to use ladders, lifts and move furniture and equipment.
- Seasonal responsibilities may include raking and snow removal.
- Cleans and maintains access areas to the building including entrances, exits, parking lot, and loading docks/areas.
- Some travel and coverage between facilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience - The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of facility and equipment maintenance experience in a manufacturing or processing business. Experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industries is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Education – Certificates in electrical, electronics, or mechanical systems are highly preferred. Also preferred is an Associate’s degree or formal technical training in plant/factory maintenance, engineering, or equipment maintenance.
- Competencies and Additional Requirements - customer service oriented, problem solving skills, effective time management skills, good oral and written communication skills. Must have strong trouble shooting skills in electric and HVAC.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.