IL - Production Planner
- PharmaCann, Dwight, IL, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s largest medical and adult-use cannabis companies, focuses on elevating the role of cannabinoid-based products and empowers people with more options for feeling, healing and living better. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. We are always looking for top, talented professionals to bring their skills to the cannabis industry. Are you ready to join the cannabis movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in the greater Chicagoland area, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Planner is responsible for organizing and planning for company production according to forecasted market demand, manufacturing material lead time, testing release dates, capacity at each stage of the production process, safety stock requirements, and quality standards. This role ensures the smooth and cost-efficient flow of company production through effective management, configuration, analysis and reporting from ERP. This role will support implementation of process changes, system enhancements, proactively analyzing business needs, executing short, mid, and long-term plans to meet business objectives, and building key internal and/or external customer relationships. The Production Planner will report into the Operations Manager with dotted line reporting into the Sr. Production Planner.
● Plan and implement production schedules for manufacturing of the product lines.
● Work closely with department supervisors of the plant, corporate Strategic Service, and Purchasing to plan, implement, monitor and achieve scheduled production. Release and implement production schedules to assigned plant areas and monitor scheduled production for adherence to plan. Coordinate and organize purchase orders when necessary.
● Assist in determining manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand and necessary safety stock.
● Measure performance of all critical factors to ensure compliance to production plan including publishing of KPI’s.
● Plan and prioritize operations and distribution to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
● Investigate and resolve problem situations affecting scheduled production. Taking the necessary action. Conduct monthly production risk analysis and action plan.
● Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives, etc.). Update, keep, and share records and information.
● Collaborating with internal business leaders to capture requirements, perform fit-gap analyses, and creating functional and technical specifications for ERP configuration and enhancements when necessary.
● Participates and/or coordinates required testing/validation of ERP system enhancements and fixes, creating and/or executing the test cases including problem determination and resolution.
● Own the analysis of the ERP data.
● Ensure Patient/Customer data is never transferred outside of the system and the correct policies are in place, liaise with vendors to support this requirement.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
● Bachelor’s degree in business or other related discipline is required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
● Minimum of five years of proven experience as production planner is mandatory. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is a plus.
● Complete understanding and application of ERP principles, concepts, practices and standards is required. Experience with Dynamics NAV is a plus.
● Experience with Jet reports is a plus
● Well-versed in production procedures and ways to optimize them.
● Highly organized and results-driven with great problem-solving and decision-making skills.
● Excellent communication and advanced computer skills.
● Analytical, self-managing and well organized.
● Able to meet deadlines and exercise a high degree of judgment regarding related items.
● Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
● Work effectively as a member of the team.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organization.
● Continuous improvement mentality!
This employee will be required to travel occasionally to other states. In addition to daytime shift work, the role may require evening, weekend, and overtime work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.