IL - Sr. Maintenance Technician
- PharmaCann, Dwight, Illinois, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Sr. Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing day to day maintenance activities for the entire facility. The position reports to the Facilities and Maintenance Manager. The individual is experienced in a variety of hands-on maintenance activities, works in a safe manner, is mechanically inclined with a variety of tools and has excellent attention to detail in their work.
On a daily basis the Sr. Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting the Facilities and Maintenance Manager in all maintenance aspects. The Sr. Maintenance Technician will also work closely with the managers in Cultivation, Manufacturing and Packaging, Processing and Research and Development to ensure their needs are met.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Painting, spackle, wall/door/flooring repairs
- Commercial electrical and plumbing troubleshooting and maintenance
- HVAC related issues in Air-Cooled Chillers, rooftop units, split systems, exhaust fans, Water & Steam boilers troubleshooting and maintenance
- Freezers, walk in coolers maintenance
- Doors, locks, and window maintenance
- Facility equipment installation and troubleshooting as required
- Perform predictive maintenance tasks on facility and production equipment as directed by facilities and maintenance manager.
- Performs preventative maintenance on facility infrastructure and systems (ie. water systems, drying room control systems, pest control systems, fans, cleaning equipment, etc.)
- Liaison and provide oversight to contractors working on-site (ie. HVAC, pest control, grounds-keeping, etc.)
- Office area and furniture maintenance, assembly, moving and modifications
- Light fixture maintenance, and re-lamping
- Maintain the tool-room and shop in a neat and orderly fashion
- Light snow and ice removal/salting on grounds as required/general landscaping
- Other day to day maintenance/general cleaning activities as required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D minimum
- HVAC EPA Universal Certification required
- Five years minimum previous facilities and maintenance experience required
- Working knowledge of electrical and plumbing systems, proper use of hand and electrical tools
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to operate Forklift and other man lift equipment as needed is required
- Perform assigned duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry
- PLC troubleshooting skills is a plus
- Age: State Law required 21 years of age or older
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when business needs arise with little to no notice in emergency cases.
- Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting up to 50 pounds or heavier with use of ladders and/or lifts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.