MA - Assistant General Manager
- PharmaCann, Wareham, MA, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) assists in all aspects of the daily operations. The AGM will have primary responsibility for leading and developing a team to implement and continuously improve the customer experience and operational initiatives. The AGM must be knowledgeable with regulatory requirements and state/local law and ensure processes are followed in line with compliance.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Perform store opening and closing responsibilities, including daily cash reconciliation and reporting.
- Perform required inventory management and processes including counts and reconciliations, ordering, fulfillment, receiving, reorders, availability, cannabis waste disposal, reporting by acceptable accounting principles and remedy discrepancy issues.
- Establish and implement operational and customer focused policies, standards and procedures for retail staff.
- Under the direction of the GM, assist in hiring, onboarding/offboarding, coaching, training, developing, scheduling and managing dispensary employees, including conducting regular performance reviews and counseling sessions.
- Develop high customer experience standards and engagement through sales training and product knowledge.
- Implement an outreach/hospitality program through networking, customer and market data analysis and execution of company promotions and programs.
- Follow all processes to ensure accurate and safety protocols are maintained as part of the quality assurance program.
- Fill in for General Manager and PCR as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the retail industry with related experience in supervising, training, and retail customer service.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and the ability to maintain exemplary customer service
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and proficiency in G-Suite
- Experience with inventory, point of sale, and cash management systems
- Must be able to pass a background check and secure an agent card in states that require it
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Associates degree
- Knowledge of state cannabis regulations
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, edibles, extracts and current products on the market
The position will require flexible schedules, evenings and weekends.
May be required to deal with difficult customers.
Can lift at least 50 pounds.
Ability to withstand long hours working on a computer.
Ability to stand for long periods.
Ability to operate in a fast pace environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.