Pharmacist Manager - PA
- PharmaCann, Manayunk, PA, United States
Join the Movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s largest medical and adult-use cannabis companies, focuses on elevating the role of cannabinoid-based products and empowers people with more options for feeling, healing and living better. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. We are always looking for top, talented professionals to bring their skills to the cannabis industry. Are you ready to join the cannabis movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in the greater Chicagoland area, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Pharmacist Manager is a registered Pharmacist who is responsible for providing an outstanding patient experience while maximizing revenue goals, assisting the General Manager in leading the management & development of the dispensary staff and ensuring compliance with all inventory, security and system protocols. This sales-oriented individual should be passionate about the benefits of medical cannabis and making a difference in our patients lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive retail sales and patient retention
- Maintain all store operational standards
- Oversee inventory standards are maintained on site.
- Ensure cash receipts are reconciled
- Operate POS and corresponding systems
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and federal and state laws
- Maintains a safe, clean environment for patients and employees
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Open/Close store
- Assist the General Manager in all operational functions
- Fill in for General Manager as needed
- Develop high customer experience standards and engagement through sales training and product knowledge.
- Assist patients with their questions, problems and complaints
- Handle all patient relation issues in accordance with company policy
- Promote a positive experience for all patients
- Direct and oversee in coordination with the General Manager all patient interactions and provide clinical oversight
- Coordinate with practitioners to facilitate positive patient outcomes
- Promote PharmaCann customer service culture
- Develop deep understanding of cannabis forms, dosing, drug interactions, and side effects.
- Understand efficacy of variance strains, potencies, and methods of delivery
- Understand and recommend dosing based upon patient conditions
- Manage dispensary employees under the direction of the General Manager:
- Assist in hiring,onboarding/offboarding, coaching, training, developing, scheduling and managing dispensary employees, including conducting regular performance reviews and counseling sessions.
- Follow all processes to ensure accurate and safety protocols and SOPs are maintained as part of the quality assurance program.
- Ensure on-the-job safety of all employees and treatment for employee injuries sustained on the job
- Supervise and coordinate delivery operations and provide clinical oversight
- Registered Pharmacist in PA
- A minimum of 3 years of managerial experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the retail industry customer-centric approach preferred
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and proficiency in G-Suite
- Experience with inventory, point of sale, and cash management systems
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend
- Must have the ability to quickly arrive at the dispensary for alarms, and emergency coverage.
- In-depth knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to medical cannabis
- Can lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand long hours working on a computer.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to operate in a fast pace environment
It is the policy of PharmaCannis to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual's age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.