IL - Regulatory Compliance Associate, East Coast
- PharmaCann, Chicago, IL, United States
Join the Movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s largest medical and adult-use cannabis companies, focuses on elevating the role of cannabinoid-based products and empowers people with more options for feeling, healing and living better. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. We are always looking for top, talented professionals to bring their skills to the cannabis industry. Are you ready to join the cannabis movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in the greater Chicagoland area, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
This role supports the Compliance and Legal team in assisting with regulatory and legislative coordination within the states where we operate or plan to operate in addition to other Compliance related duties for the East Coast Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Compliance and Legal team to ensure compliance with all applicable state, county and municipal laws, ordinances and regulations, including the specific cannabis regulations for that state.
- Reviews and interprets state regulations and assists the Director of Compliance in responding to internal and external inquiries
- Subject matter expert in current and prospective state regulations
- Assists in the application process for entering new markets and assists in drafting and editing license applications
- Uses independent judgment and knowledge of applicable state regulations to provide support to the Compliance and Legal team
- Drafts and updates Standard Operating Procedures as needed
- Assists with implementing PharmaCann’s policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance.
- Works with the Director of Compliance to investigate and resolve compliance concerns, issues, or violations.
- Stays up to date with changes in rules and regulations
- Coordinates and maintains documentation and special requirements
Education and Experience
- Juris Doctorate Degree required from an ABA accredited school
- Minimum of 3-5 years of compliance experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as alcohol, gaming, tobacco, or financial services/insurance/lending.
- Law firm and/or regulatory experience followed by an in-house corporate role is preferred.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis to support the business needs related to our east coast operations and future growth in new markets.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Self-starter, high level of initiative, proven pro-active thinker
- Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are required
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner both internally and with state regulators
- Support company policies, goals, and core values
- Work within a team environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent judgment; able to handle multiple projects and set priorities
- Able and willing to handle a variety of tasks across a broad range of substantive areas and to learn new areas quickly.
It is the policy of PharmaCannis to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual's age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.