Cultivation Site Manager
- PharmaCann, Hillcrest, IL, United States
Join the Movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s largest medical and adult-use cannabis companies, focuses on elevating the role of cannabinoid-based products and empowers people with more options for feeling, healing and living better. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. We are always looking for top, talented professionals to bring their skills to the cannabis industry. Are you ready to join the cannabis movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in the greater Chicagoland area, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Site Manager is responsible for managing all greenhouse and production related operations, as well as regulatory compliance and staff development at PharmaCann’s Hillcrest, IL cultivation site. This position is also responsible for timely delivery of safe, high quality, cannabis products while maintaining superior controls in a highly regulated environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the people in greenhouse, processing, packaging, warehousing, and security for the site location with stronger focus on the general operation of the greenhouse areas.
• Working directly with Director of Cultivation, Production Planner, Sales and the Dwight, IL operations management to ensure the quantity, mix and yield of strains planted and produced will support sales goals and meet patient needs for treatment.
• Work closely with Director of Cultivation to develop growing and greenhouse utilization plans to maximize growing efficiency for products.
• Working closely with the Safety Manager and the assigned on-site safety personnel to ensure products are grown and produced in a safe environment for our employees and facility while adhering to all applicable governmental regulations.
• Ensuring all products are safe and effective for customer use by development and enforcement of proper product and work-in-process tracking, movement, product security and compliance with OSHA and other applicable regulations or company procedures.
• Instill best-in-class production mindset in the site culture. Lead and drive LEAN operations, continuous efficiency and quality improvement, and capacity expansion initiatives at site.
• Ensure SOPs are established, approved, and followed in daily processes.
• Measure and report on performance metrics and criteria.
• Work closely with Facility & Maintenance Manager to implement preventative maintenance schedule, critical parts program, as well as facility modifications required for uninterrupted production and efficiency improvements.
• Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness to meet company goals.
• Participate in PharmaCann’s innovation programs and in new product development and implementation.
• Budgeting and P/L responsibilities when required.
Successful candidates will have proven leadership experience and success in a large-scale processing and packaging production environment demonstrating a high attention to detail, organization skills, and excellent communication skills to all parts of the organization. More specific qualifications include:
• Strong professional with 5+ years of proven production/manufacturing leadership experience preferably within the pharmaceutical, food, or beverage industries. Cannabis industry and/or an indoor cultivation experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing related discipline preferred. Degree in other disciplines is acceptable in conjunction with suitable experience and accomplishments.
• Inherently sound human resource values and problem resolution skills in combination with a history of strong leadership skills and talent development of those directly and indirectly reporting to this person.
• Possess the financial acumen to manage, measure, and improve the operations effectiveness and profitability. Operations management mindset and approach.
• Demonstrated accomplishment in continuous improvement with leading Lean Manufacturing and other operations improvement initiatives highly preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge on managing and improving product safety, employee safety, quality, and packaging for consumers.
• Strong communication skills to every level of the organization.
• Ability to develop structure and process while operating in a continued emerging environment.
• Strong knowledge with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, and Food Safety Regulations.
• Strong project management skills and multi-tasking skills.
• Attention to detail.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs and perform manual labor tasks requirement for the management of the greenhouse.
Cultivation Technicians, Production Supervisor, Warehousing Supervisor, On-site Security.
It is the policy of PharmaCannis to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual's age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.