OH - Operations Manager
- PharmaCann, Buckeye Lake, OH, United States
Join the Movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s largest medical and adult-use cannabis companies, focuses on elevating the role of cannabinoid-based products and empowers people with more options for feeling, healing and living better. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. We are always looking for top, talented professionals to bring their skills to the cannabis industry. Are you ready to join the cannabis movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in the greater Chicagoland area, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
We are seeking a hands-on Operations Manager with strong management, and production experience preferably in the pharmaceutical, food, beverage, or cannabis industries to manage processing operations at our cultivation and processing center in Ohio. These relatively new operation cultivates cannabis, produce high quality dry bud products and produce high quality medical cannabis oils, tinctures, edible products, and other new medical cannabis products patients can utilize via a number of different administrative methods.
The Operations Manager will lead and drive all aspects of PharmaCann’s Ohio cannabis cultivation and processing into patient safe, high quality, and effective dry bud, medicinal cannabis oils and other related products for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application by registered patients.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop and execute Operations Strategy Plan to achieve established business requirements or KPIs.
• Lead and drive an effective and efficient startup of all operations at the OH facility.
• Manage and develop key personnel succession plan.
• Ensure PhamaCann products are produced in a safe environment for our employees while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry.
• Ensure all products are safe, to the quality standards, and effective for patient use. Develop and enforce proper product and work-in-process tracking, movement, product security and compliance with FDA cGMP’s, OSHA regulations, and applicable laboratory procedures.
• Work closely with the Cultivation Manager and the Processing Manager to implement best practices, drive continuous improvement and ensure SOPs are developed and followed in daily production processes
• Lead and drive effective efficiency improvement initiatives in cultivation, extraction, processing, packaging, and warehousing.
• Work closely with PharmaCann’s dispensaries and the wholesale sales team to manage product supply, the operations, and our supply chain to ensure timely delivery of PharmaCann products. Close communication and coordination with the patient facing side of our business and our commercial team is of paramount importance.
• Lead and drive Lean operations, quality improvement, and capacity expansion initiatives in the cultivation, extraction, processing, warehousing, and packaging portions of the operations.
• Work closely with the corporate construction team on implements and facility modifications and upgrades required for efficient production capacity
• Effectively manage and streamline all aspects of the supply chain and each process step carried out in PharmaCann’s OH operations.
• Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness to meet company goals.
• Instill industrialized production mindset in the culture.
• Participate in PharmaCann’s innovation programs and in new product development and implementation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have proven experience and success in a pharmaceutical, food, or beverage processing and packaging environment demonstrating a high attention to detail, organization skills, and excellent communication skills to all parts of the organization. More specific qualifications include:
• A minimum of 7-10 years of proven manufacturing management and leadership experience preferably within the pharmaceutical, food, or beverage industries. Cannabis industry experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing related discipline: Engineering, Sciences or Operations preferred. Degrees in other disciplines are acceptable in conjunction with suitable experience and accomplishment.
• Inherently sound human resource values and problem resolution skills in combination with a history of strong leadership skills and talent development of those directly and indirectly reporting to this person.
• Demonstrated success in leading manufacturing operations to achieve improved performance and profitability.
• Possess the financial acumen to manage, measure, and improve the operations effectiveness and profitability.
• Demonstrated accomplishment in continuous improvement and with leading Lean Six Sigma and other manufacturing improvement initiatives highly preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge on managing and improving food safety, employee safety, quality, and packaging for consumers.
• Strong communication skills to every level of the organization
Proficiency in Microsoft products and Google suites
• Ability to operate in startup and emerging environment and be flexible to take on new and added responsibilities per the business’ growth needs.
On Site Security
It is the policy of PharmaCannis to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual's age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.