MA - Human Resources Manager
- PharmaCann, Wareham / Holliston, MA, United States
Join the movement!
PharmaCann, one of the nation’s largest medical and adult-use cannabis companies, focuses on elevating the role of cannabinoid-based products and empowers people with more options for feeling, healing and living better. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. We are always looking for top, talented professionals to bring their skills to the cannabis industry. Are you ready to join the cannabis movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in the greater Chicagoland area, PharmaCann operates eleven dispensaries and four production facilities across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Human Resources Manager develops and maintains strong relationships with managers and employees across the company. We are a fast-growing company, and this role provides HR support to all PharmaCann Massachusetts locations, and assists in driving our growth in Pennsylvania. We're looking for a high integrity, strong business partner who is comfortable operating in the gray while we work to continue implementing strong processes to support our rapid growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops a strong partnership with the leadership team to drive state-wide strategy. Provides support to internal customers in areas of recruiting, benefits, employee relations, employee engagement, compensation, performance management, leave management, training and development, and onboarding.
• Responsible for the day-to-day HR support and serves as the HR subject matter expert to all employees.
• Works with employees and leaders to drive the overall goals of the company.
• Develops processes and policy to build a scalable infrastructure.
• Reviews existing policies and procedures and initiates changes as necessary to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, corporate policies, and business objectives; Effectively communicates policies and change initiatives
• Working with the recruiting team, assists leaders in effectively sourcing, assessing and hiring candidates. Oversees diversity initiatives and reporting.
• Uses sound judgment to provide effective performance management guidance in the areas of coaching, counseling, career development, corrective actions.
• Creates, coordinates, and conducts live and virtual management training for various topics including performance management, diversity, harassment, and talent management.
• Organizes and conducts new employee orientation: creates a positive first experience of the company.
• Participates in organization-wide projects and champions organizational engagement and execution.
• Acts as an advisor and provides technical HR expertise and analytical support to the management team regarding the application of employment laws and corporate policies when addressing specific business issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Organizational Development. PHR or SPHR is strongly preferred.
• At least seven years of progressive and HR generalist experience; proven ability to partner with a senior leader to drive organizational initiatives.
• Ability to plan and execute programs and projects, and manage day-to-day HR responsibilities.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain confidentiality while handling multiple tasks.
• Ability to analyze problems, exercise judgment and make sound objective decisions.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in human resources operations, policies, processes, and procedures.
• Excellent communication skills, develop strong relationships, business acumen, and working knowledge of human resources.
Occasional travel will be required. This position will initially be located in our Wareham, MA location while our Holliston location is being built. In January, 2020, this role will be located in Holliston, with occasional travel required to our dispensaries in the state.
Frequent walking and travel required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.