Patient Care Representative
- Amherst, NY
We are changing lives through building and operating best-in-class cultivation facilities and healthcare-focused dispensaries. Currently in Illinois and New York, we are growing and expanding into new markets across the nation. We cultivate and deliver medical cannabis to help alleviate symptoms of debilitating health conditions that warrant the administration of medical marijuana.
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist General Manager, the Patient Care Representative (PCR) will assist the general manager in all administrative, clinical and operational functions within a fast-paced, clinically-oriented, environment. The PCR will educate patients/caregivers on medical marijuana products under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. The PCR will promote a work environment that is positive, patient service-oriented and compliant within the guidelines of the state and company. The ideal candidate should be passionate about their role and have a strong willingness to help people become educated about medical cannabis.
- Assist pharmacist manager in filling practitioner recommendations, and filing state required documentation based on Compassionate Care Act guidelines.
- Electronically file documents into member file folders, set up files for new members, and audit files to ensure that information is accurately filed.
- Perform the timely triage of documents and steam-line tasks appropriately to the Pharmacists.
- Answer phone calls from patients, schedule appointments, and any other functions necessary for Dispensary operations.
- Process recommendations for patients under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Prepare and provide support in all (onsite and desk) audit activities related to Dispensary Unit.
- Assist in education and ringing out of patients.
- Accountable for accurately utilizing PharmaCannis’ Point of Sale system.
- Assist in the check in process in the Dispensary.
- Provides outstanding patient service.
- Inspire patient confidence and create patient loyalty.
- Develop knowledge of various products and the NYS Medical Marijuana Program and Federal law regarding medical cannabis.
- Execute PharmaCannis dispensary protocols including safety protocols.
- Complies with all security and legal requirements.
- Act as a safety officer.
- Ensure the store is well maintained.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Strong Computer based skills.
- Compassionate and strong work ethic
- A high school diploma or higher and 2+ years of experience working in retail setting or managed care/health care organization.
- Proven track record in ability to cultivate long- term patient/customer relationships
- Previous dispensing, retail or patient service experience preferred
- Exceptional patient service skills; experience in health care related field is a plus
- Desire to learn about our products in order to assist patients
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, Point of Sale software and cash management is a must
- Strong attention to detail and must have a team-player mentality
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve in a professional manner
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling expectations including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts
- Must be 21 years of age and pass a background check.
It is the policy of PharmaCannis to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual's age, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic tests and information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.