Veterinary Technician - Houston Cat Hospital
- 11169 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77042, USA
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
At Houston Cat Hospital, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
Check us out on Facebook
The Veterinary Technician is the veterinarian’s primary medical support. They begin the examination procedure and continue to assist the doctor throughout the examination, diagnosis, and treatment phases. They aid the veterinarians in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. They have a very significant role in communicating with and educating clients about their pets.
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
- Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate a patient.
- Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
- Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
- Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Perform dental cleanings.
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
- Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
- Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
- Support out other team members as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) highly preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends (Saturdays) & holidays if the hospital is open.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.