Associate Veterinarian - Brown Train Animal Hospital
- 2716 Brown Trail, Bedford, TX 76021, USA
- Location: Bedford, TX
- Job Family: DVM
- Department: Operations
Since 1973, Brown Trail Animal Hospital has provided high quality healthcare for dogs and cats of the Bedford community. We believe that pets and their families come first and offer excellent medical care for your furry family members. Our highly trained veterinary staff treats every pet with care and attention, personalizing their treatment to your pet’s specific needs. We are committed to strengthening the human-animal bond that you have with your pet.
We are proud to offer our veterinary services six days a week. As an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited animal hospital, we are able to offer a broad range of medical and general wellness services for your pets. From preventative care and comprehensive physical exams, to dental and surgical care, our Bedford veterinarians are here to give your pet the personalized attention they deserve. Happy, healthy pets are our goal!
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings, and complete required accredited CE per year.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- 2+ years of experience as a Veterinarian.
- Must have DVM OR VMD from an AVMA accredited institution.
- Have a license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of clinic location and in good standing.
- DEA licensure is preferred.
- Must have a passion for learning and improvement, excellent communication skills, and a proactive approach.
- Take pride in offering unmatched diligent care, ensuring our communication with our clients is clear and understood.
- Support all other medical personnel, including veterinary technicians and assistants, and help will guide as a mentor to develop the clinical staff.
- Require confidence and proficiency in dentistry, soft tissue surgery, and internal medicine.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Mentorship / Training
- Work-Life-Family (Flexible) scheduling
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
- Insurance: Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by NVA. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices.