Kennel Technician - Southwest Animal Clinic
- 4570 Bissonnet St, Bellaire, TX 77401, USA
- Location: Bellaire, TX
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
At Southwest Animal Clinic, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet accurate attention and keep clients well-informed.
Schedule: Varies Weekly
7:30 am – 6:00 pm during weekdays
8:00 am- 12:00 pm Saturday am and 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm if working weekend shift
Some weekends + Holidays
The Kennel Technician is responsible for providing quality care of dogs and cats housed in the kennels as well as the cleaning and maintenance of the kennels, exercise yards, and complex. The Kennel technician will also complete some Veterinary Technician Assistant functions, such as holding pets during exams. You must love and respect all animals and the bond shared between pets and people. This is a fast-paced job and requires the ability to multi-task.
- Mixed animal hospital, work in front and back of the hospital, exposure to x-rays, and anesthetic gases with the proper protective measure.
- There is a potential for exposure to zoonotic diseases and positive hazardous materials.
- At least 18 years old.
- Able to work 40 hours a week, including weekends and holidays, depending on demand.
- Computer knowledge required; familiar with Word and use of communication tools such as Instant Messenger and email.
- Must be comfortable handling dogs, cats, and potentially exotics
- Must be comfortable cleaning up after pets
- Able to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and good organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to safely lift 45 pounds and safely handle, hold and restrain active dogs weighing up to 110 pounds. Employees should seek assistance when lifting dogs or objects weighing more than 45 lbs.
- Able to remain on one’s feet, standing, walking, bending and/or stooping on cement for extended periods.
- Able to work different day and weekend shifts – weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Able to complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 50 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.