Veterinary Technician - Mayfair Village Animal Hospital
- 470 Mid Cities Blvd, Hurst, TX 76054, USA
- Location: Hurst, TX
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
Mayfair Village Animal Hospital, located in Hurst, TX is an AAHA accredited clinic. We employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet accurate attention and keep clients well-informed. As a part of our family, you will be making a difference in the lives of pets and their people.
SCHEDULE: Full-time, must be available to work Saturdays.
We are seeking a Veterinary Technician to join our fast-paced clinic and team. You will an outstanding demeanor and be proficient in providing support while delivering the best service to our clients. They will also work to form a team in our clinic by promoting partnership and respect. You will lead and naturally implement to our group's cultural tenets.
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
- Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate patients.
- Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
- Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
- Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Perform dental cleanings.
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
- Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
- Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
- Support out other team members as needed.
- Assist in customer service such as answering incoming phone calls, greeting and checking-in clients, checking-out clients and accurately updating financial records, preparing patient files and documents, as well as acting as liaison for client communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in a clinical setting.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) highly preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends (Saturdays) & holidays if clinic is open.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
- Bonus: bilingual in Spanish.
- Show excellent client communication and telephone skills.
- Must efficiently be able to read, speak, and write in English.
- Must have basic computer literacy skills.
- Handle multiple unrelated tasks, simultaneously.
- Administer injections, perform venipuncture, take vital signs of animal, and accurately restrain animals, including fractious pets, for examination and treatment.
- Dispense treatments/medications intravenously, orally, and subcutaneously.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 45 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.