Kennel Technician - Buckner Animal Clinic
- 2730 S Buckner Blvd, Dallas, TX 75227, USA
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
At Buckner Animal Clinic, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
As our Kennel Technician, where you'll spend quality time with our furry patients who will love the attention you show them. You will care for dogs and cats housed in the kennels as well as the cleaning and maintenance of the enclosures, exercise yards, and complex. You must love and respect all animals, and the bond shared between pets and people. This is a fast-paced job and requires the ability to multitask.
As the Kennel Technician, duties include feeding and giving water to animals following specific schedules and special feeding instructions, medicating pets based on their specific schedule and walking pets in our exercise yards. You may also clean, organize, and disinfect animal quarters; answer phone calls and schedule appointments; examine and observe animals to check possible signs of illnesses, diseases, or injuries. There may be times that you respond to questions from customers and provide information about animals, such as habitat, behavior, physical activities, or breeding habits.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Build balanced relationships and engage customers by going above and beyond.
- Passion for learning and growing.
- Excellent communication with clients is clear and understood, including phone, texting, and email.
- Be able to work independently and provide support to coworkers and veterinarians.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 50 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.