Veterinary Technician - Family Pet Hospital
- 2228 NW 164th St, Edmond, OK 73013, USA
- Location: Edmond, OK
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
At Family Pet Hospital, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet accurate attention and keep clients well-informed.
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician to join our fast-paced clinic and team. The candidate will have an outstanding attitude and be proficient in providing support to our team of veterinarians while delivering the best service to our clients. They will also work to form a team in our clinic by promoting teamwork and respect. The Veterinary Technician will lead and naturally implement our group's cultural tenets.
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, must be available to work Saturdays.
As a Veterinary Technician you will:
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
- Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate patients.
- Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
- Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
- Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Perform dental cleanings.
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
- Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
- Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
- Support our other team members as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) highly preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Required to be at work when scheduled and be timely.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 50 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.