Veterinary Receptionist - Pacific Veterinary Hospital
- 9715 SW Barbur Blvd, Portland, OR 97219, USA
- Location: Portland, OR
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
At Pacific Veterinary Hospital, in Portland, Oregon we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital team member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
The Receptionist is the client’s first contact when calling or visiting the practice and as such represents the professional image of the practice to callers and visitors. The receptionist answers telephones, greets clients, prepares patient files, receives and relays client correspondence, updates client financial records. The exceptional receptionist has the ability to diffuse negative client situations and foster client bonding.
Schedule: Part-time and Full-time available. Must be available to work Weekends.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Quickly learn how to pronounce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms
- Perform basic computer skills, type 30 words per minute.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying records and equipment weighing up to 25 lbs; requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal urine and feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years minimum experience at a veterinary hospital.
- 2+ years customer service experience.
- Experience working with Cornerstone software program a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment where you'll need multi-task skills.
- Comfortable with MS Word and use of communication tools such as Instant Messenger and email.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)