Boarded Veterinary Criticalist (DACVECC) - Emergency Pet Care of Texas
- 7850 FM 1488 Rd, Magnolia, TX 77354, USA
- Location: Magnolia, TX
- Job Family: DVM
- Department: Operations
Emergency Pet Care of Texas, located in the heart of Magnolia, TX, (north of Houston) is an excellent 24-hour AAHA Accredited animal emergency facility.
About our hospital:
- 24-hour full-service emergency and urgent care animal hospital.
- AAHA accredited
- Full in-house laboratory, including lactate, coagulation testing, blood typing, and blood gas analysis.
- Offer digital radiography, teleradiology interpretation, and ultrasound services.
We are currently hiring a full-time Boarded-Certified Veterinary Criticalist to join and lead our team of dedicated emergency clinicians. We are looking for a compassionate, collaborative, and skilled individual with strong communication skills.
We thrive in supporting all patients through illnesses with services that include IV fluid support, oxygen therapy, critical care monitoring, emergency surgical services, and blood transfusions, to name a few. Our support staff consists of multiple credentialed technicians and specialized VTS’s in emergency & critical care. If you love being around animals and people committed to offering them the best possible healthcare, we want to meet you!
- 2+ years of experience.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, active TX license or able to attain a license and be in good standing.
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care
- Experience conducting different types of surgeries, vaccinations, and health checks on animals.
- Experienced in traumatic, general, and invasive soft tissue surgery.
- Proficient in medically managing acute and chronic cases.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language.
- Schedule flexibility of daytime, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Schedules to Balance Work, Life, and Family
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 45 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.