Associate Veterinarian - West Frederick Veterinary Hospital
- 6902 Bowers Rd, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
- Location: Frederick, MD
- Job Family: DVM
- Department: Operations
West Frederick Veterinary Hospital, a four doctor AAHA-accredited hospital located in Frederick, MD (an hour from Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, MD). Our mission is to provide outstanding medical and surgical care to our patients, as well as, an excellent client experience to their families. We focus on work, life, and family balance, with no on-call duties as after-hours emergencies are referred to a local ER.
We care deeply about making sure pets have everything they need to be happy and healthy by providing clear communication built on trust and integrity. Our excellent client service and quality patient care cultivate in the long term. Our medicine and relationships with our clients do not go unnoticed; we have been recognized as one of the top hospitals in the area.
About our Hospital:
- We have cultivated an excellent clientele and offer a wide range of services for cats, dogs, and pocket pets (such as ferrets, rabbits, hamsters, and guinea pigs).
- General practice hospital with the ability to handle emergency and critical care cases.
- Dedicated and committed staff with a 2:1 tech to doctor ratio.
- In-house diagnostics.
- Offer ultrasound, therapeutic laser, electrocautery, tonometry, digital dental radiography, digital radiography with separate dental and surgical suites.
If you love being around animals and people committed to offering them the best possible healthcare, we want to meet you!
Check us out on Facebook!
We are looking for an Associate Veterinarian who shares our passion for pets and their families. Our clinic treats mostly dogs and cats. Your day-to-day as an Associate Veterinarian at West Frederick includes:
- General Practice,
- Well and non-well case work-ups,
- A reasonable surgical caseload (spays, neuters, soft tissue, and other types),
If you love being around animals and people committed to offering them the best possible healthcare, we want to meet you! As a group, we pride ourselves on excellent teamwork, collaboration on cases, and continuity of care.
Our doctors are always looking for more ways in which to serve their community. We are open to all ideas! This hospital has room to enhance our services. Are you interested in:
- Pocket pets (such as ferrets, rabbits, hamsters, and guinea pigs)
- Open to Veterinarians with 2+ years of experience.
- Must have DVM OR VMD from an AVMA accredited institution.
- Have a license to practice veterinary medicine in MD or able to obtain a license and in good standing.
- Have a passion for learning and improvement, excellent communication skills, and a proactive approach.
- Take pride in offering diligent care, ensuring our communication with our clients is clear and understood.
- Support all other medical personnel, including veterinary technicians and assistants, and help will guide as a mentor to develop the clinical staff.
- Require confidence and proficiency in dentistry, soft tissue surgery, and internal medicine.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Mentorship / Training
- Work-Life-Family (Flexible) scheduling
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
- Insurance: Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 45 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.