Veterinary Medical Director - Lombard Animal Hospital
- 607 NE Lombard St, Portland, OR 97211, USA
- Location: Portland, OR
- Job Family: DVM
- Department: Operations
Do you want to have all the benefits of leading a veterinary practice without the headaches of full ownership? Do you enjoy building engaged, successful medical teams while providing an AAHA standard of customer service and patient care? If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
In northeast Portland, OR, Lombard Animal Hospital is a high-quality AAHA hospital since 1968 and cares deeply about making sure pets have everything they need to be happy and healthy by providing clear communication built on trust and integrity. Our medicine and relationships with our clients do not go unnoticed; we have been recognized as one of the top hospitals in the area.
About our hospital:
- We have cultivated a phenomenal clientele and offer a broad range of services, including integrative options for cats, dogs, and rabbits (rabbit medicine not required, but would be very useful).
- General practice hospital with the ability to handle emergency and critical care cases.
- Dedicated and committed staff with a 2:1 tech to doctor ratio.
- In-house diagnostics and Idexx outside lab support.
- Offer digital radiology, therapeutic laser, and integrative medicine (VOM, acupuncture, and herbal medicine, etc.).
Check us out on Facebook!
We are looking for a Veterinary Medical Director to join a fun and collaborative work environment. Our teams are our priority, and we are dedicated to providing extraordinary experiences through schedules that allow for work-life balance, and an industry-leading benefits package that addresses the needs of veterinary professionals. We have a team approach to patient care and support a reasonable volume. We'll encourage you to pursue your areas of interest and allow freedom in practicing medicine that is exciting and enriching to you as a Veterinarian.
There is an option for guidance from the current Medical Director, who after 13 years is changing roles in the company.
- Have 4+ years of proven experience.
- Must have DVM OR VMD from an AVMA accredited institution.
- License to practice veterinary medicine in the state of OR, or able to attain one, and be in good standing.
- Must have a DEA license.
- Have a passion for leadership, guidance, and mentorship
- Have excellent communication skills and have a proactive approach.
- Have experience developing and standardizing structure and leading teams to success.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Medical Director bonus
- Schedules to balance Work, LIfe, and Family
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 45 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.